Adventure Overland Show, 26-27 Sept

Please post any events or shows here.
WhiteKnight
Info: Wagons, ho!

Re: Adventure Overland Show, 26-27 Sept

Post by WhiteKnight » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:30 pm

RMS wrote:Nice write-up Steve, and great pictures.

Robin.
'Tis my pleasure, my friend :tiphat:
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:54 am

G'day chap's, that really looks like you all had a good time and as usual i missed out but i am about to do a bit of traveling on my own at last but with a trailer behind to pick up very large parts in different counties and i really need to bring my annual trip down in Essex forward.

Cleaning grave stones and tidying there surrounds i normally do in the winter months along with sleeping with nature in woods near by but the urge to travel is strong so if all works out i am off although nothing like you lads do to me this is a venture i have done for many years and just have to do.

Again thanks for the pics and writing Steve it's something i always like to read about.

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat:
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:14 am

romanyrose wrote:G'day chap's, that really looks like you all had a good time and as usual i missed out but i am about to do a bit of traveling on my own at last but with a trailer behind to pick up very large parts in different counties and i really need to bring my annual trip down in Essex forward.

Cleaning grave stones and tidying there surrounds i normally do in the winter months along with sleeping with nature in woods near by but the urge to travel is strong so if all works out i am off although nothing like you lads do to me this is a venture i have done for many years and just have to do.

Again thanks for the pics and writing Steve it's something i always like to read about.

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat:
Yo my man!

Good to hear your heart is still ticking, alongside your adventure bones.

Not so sure I'd fancy sleeping next to a graveyard - in the dead of night :whistle: - but I'm sure no malevolent spirits would dare go near you. I bet you are a dead shot with a tin of rice.

Your good buddy Trevor always makes me laugh and all of us had some good craic last weekend.

Hope to see you on the trail soon (maybe Newark?).

Keep rollin' my friend.

:cheers: and man-hugs
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:27 pm

G'day my friend, like i have said many times when among like minded people around a pit one feels a warmth but not from the fire but from the people you are sat with that cannot be beaten to me more like a brotherhood that i was part of many years ago.

Sharing our thoughts some of which are good some not so good but we are there for each other to make our short lives in this world of baffling violence a better place in our own thoughts/land which we live in :shrug: anyway i think myself lucky i have friends that i have.

Catch you later Bro and i must say i look forward to the times i hope we will have at our next meeting round a fire pit with a few :wine: or some tucker :eatin: Your good Bud R-Rose :tiphat:
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Post by Jabbawocky » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:59 pm

Hi Steve

Great Pictures. I especially like the picture of the stove. I have now listed it on my website. just got to now find time to list the 100 or so items I have also decided to sell. :aaagh:

Here if anyone wants a look
http://www.lrbits.co.uk/index.php?main_ ... ucts_id=59

Cheers Mick
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:30 am

romanyrose wrote:G'day my friend, like i have said many times when among like minded people around a pit one feels a warmth but not from the fire but from the people you are sat with that cannot be beaten to me more like a brotherhood that i was part of many years ago.

Sharing our thoughts some of which are good some not so good but we are there for each other to make our short lives in this world of baffling violence a better place in our own thoughts/land which we live in :shrug: anyway i think myself lucky i have friends that i have.

Catch you later Bro and i must say i look forward to the times i hope we will have at our next meeting round a fire pit with a few :wine: or some tucker :eatin: Your good Bud R-Rose :tiphat:
Brad my Bro,

For a young man you speak much sense :whistle:

You are so right about the people sharing the warmth of each other as well as the fire.

When you leave your buddies it should be with a greater sense of being and of pride of knowing them.
Even Trevor :wink:

Hope to see you soon and share a :wine: or some bait :eatin:

Damn! Robin / Patrick, can we please have a gif of a rice pudding tin, or some baked beans?

In the meantime...

WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:32 am

Jabbawocky wrote:Hi Steve

Great Pictures. I especially like the picture of the stove. I have now listed it on my website. just got to now find time to list the 100 or so items I have also decided to sell. :aaagh:

Here if anyone wants a look
http://www.lrbits.co.uk/index.php?main_ ... ucts_id=59

Cheers Mick
Hi Mick,

No worries.

Stove is a good-un and chucks out some heat.

Like Simon says, perfick for wok-cooking too.

:cheers:

Steve
Glugs

Post by Glugs » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:30 am

Great pics :)

Very frustrated to have missed the LRCC stand this year. I was at AO for a few short hours and only discovered you as I drove down the exit route on the way out. :banghead: Looked good!

T
DrivingDutchman

Post by DrivingDutchman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:10 pm

LRCC had a fab stand.
Shame there was again only 1 Dormobile. Have to make sure I camp out more with you guys. Need to get the Dormobile numbers up.

Thanks to Robin for helping me out with the heater that went broke on the second night. We had it cosy warm after I replaced the controller.

Michiel
1969 109 sw dormobile Dora
1996 overland defender sw 110 Nellie
1962 109 sw safari diesel Hannie (sold)
1973 88 series 3 soft top in various bits on the drive...
Dormy
Info: Sleeping on the job.....Zzzzzz

Post by Dormy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:26 pm

DrivingDutchman wrote:Shame there was again only 1 Dormobile
Thought we were going to get out much more this year - The best laid schemes o' mice an men !

Maybe next year !

Ian