Hi from Luxembourg

Welcome & new forum members - Please introduce yourself & your motor here.
peejaysea

Hi from Luxembourg

Post by peejaysea » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:47 pm

Good Afternoon,

Just a quick introduction as I am a newcomer to the forum. I am an expat Brit living in Luxembourg and working for NATO. We have been here for around seven years having moved over from the Warwickshire area. I have had a couple of Land Rovers in days gone by (Series 3 109, 90, Classic Range Rover and a Series 2 offroader) but had a period of around 10 years without ownership.

Despite previously owning, I have never really dived into the mechanics and servicing (proper) of any of my LR's other than a regular oil change and greasing etc.

So I recently bought a 1966 88" ex mil from the UK and brought her to Luxembourg. Betsy ran well on her 500+ mile trip from the UK and is currently being used as a daily driver.

She saw service from Jul 1966 with 2 Queens, 1 Chesire and 1 Queens and then went to 36 Comd Wksp REME and CVD Ashchurch. She did her final stint of service with the TA (Mercians) before being retired in Sep 1972. There is a big chunk of unrecorded history until a previous owner restored her in the late 80's. The last owner also did some restoration work with his son.

My plan is to continue to use her as a daily driver and do a running resto to keep her in good condition and on the road and to learn "the trade" along the way. Not overly bothered by the cosmetic looks as long as she is mechanically sound.

Anyway I am also looking for a LWB "camper" - and seriously interested in a Carawagon or Dormobile to add to the LR fleet. I will be keeping my eyes and ears open....

Regards from a very sunny Luxembourg
Paul
RMS

Re: Hi from Luxembourg

Post by RMS » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi, and welcome, Paul :hello:

They do come up occasionally - as I mentioned over on S2C, the main places to look are ebay and carandclassic.co.uk.
Plus, of course, folk on here often post on the "For Sale" section if they see anything.

There's a Carawagon on at the moment - it did belong to a member on here, but now for sale by a dealer so not cheap!
HERE

There's also a Dormobile on Car & Classic HERE

Good luck with your search :tiphat:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
peejaysea

Re: Hi from Luxembourg

Post by peejaysea » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:46 pm

RMS wrote:Hi, and welcome, Paul :hello:

They do come up occasionally - as I mentioned over on S2C, the main places to look are ebay and carandclassic.co.uk.
Plus, of course, folk on here often post on the "For Sale" section if they see anything.

There's a Carawagon on at the moment - it did belong to a member on here, but now for sale by a dealer so not cheap!
HERE

There's also a Dormobile on Car & Classic HERE

Good luck with your search :tiphat:

Cheers,
Robin.
Thanks for the warm welcome Robin

Yes, I saw the advert for the Carawagon and have actually made contact with the dealer regards a potential part ex for a motorbike I currently have. Having just found this website and the forum and having seen the thread for the original sale of the vehicle there is no way that I will now entertain this as an option.... at pretty much double the price as it appears.....despite the fact she is a nice looking LR.

I guess the hunt is now on!

Thanks again
Paul