Gas bottles

Any other discussions not to do with Classic Campers.
RMS

Re: Gas bottles

Post by RMS » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:08 pm

Right, it looks like Searle might well have supplied cylinder specific holders!

Patrick's definitely take Camping Gaz 907 cylinders, and although he hasn't measured them the bottom ring must be just over 8" as that's the size of a 907 base, and the whole carrier is narrow enough to grip the 907 cylinder with a bit of rubber strip.
There's no way a Calor 3.9kg/4.5kg cylinder would fit in there without cutting and spreading the frame.

I noticed today that Trev's (Tarquin's) Carawagon also has Calor 3.9kg propane cylinders fitted, so perhaps Patrick's holders are 'ebay rare' :whistle:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
Calum

Post by Calum » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:39 am

'ebay rare' maybe, but I would argue the Calor holders are a damn site more useful! :neener:
Dieselhen

Post by Dieselhen » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:05 pm

Marque wrote: It is very early days, but am very taken with JerryD's full bonnet roof rack.
I have a full bonnet galvanised roof rack that came off the Series 3 Dormobile that had to be scrapped. I don't envisage fitting it to either of my current Dormobiles, so it is up for grabs. It was made by Brownchurch circa 1982.
cheers
Sheila
Marque

Post by Marque » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:59 am

Sheila

May I express strong interest please! PM with contact details will be sent presently.
Kindest regards
Mark
jerryd
Info: "the pom down under"

Post by jerryd » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:44 pm

Marque wrote:Sheila

May I express strong interest please! PM with contact details will be sent presently.
Kindest regards
Mark

Of course you'll have to drive your dormobile to Scotland to fetch this roof rack Mark, now what an adventure that will be for you and family :tiphat:
Marque

Post by Marque » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:48 pm

Indeed Jerry. I need to get up to Lancaster to se a friend in any event. Been promising for 8 years.

Wife is away for a month (with daughter in Poland) in July & Aug so I have a month to repair the bulkhead (Cousin permitting), sort out the floor supports (Cousin permitting) & then re-rust seats / hubs / engine bay clean / House paint (woodwork / Loft clear / insulate & re-pack) etc. So a busy month it will be....

So yes I think I can so it - as well as attend the International in Fakenham with the Series 2 club.

I would be very interested Jerry if you could send me a few images of how the rack bolts to the vehicle (Bumper / bulkhead / roof gutter rail). I would like to see that I have the correct fixings etc.

I did contact Brownchurch. They emailed indicating all plans had been lost & would need the vehicle for a day to measure up a custom rack.

As I said it is early days, but if one is going spare & unloved...it would be worth the trip. I will have some explaining to do to the wife though. I always will it seems. However I too then can have a "sun deck" so to speak. Now roll on Summer 2017!

Kindest regards
Mark
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Post by Jabbawocky » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:01 pm

I have a full bonnet galvanised roof rack that came off the Series 3 Dormobile that had to be scrapped. I don't envisage fitting it to either of my current Dormobiles, so it is up for grabs. It was made by Brownchurch circa 1982.
Would be interested if Mark changes his mind. Or I could just measure it when he gets his vehicle on the road.

Mick
Marque

Post by Marque » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:27 pm

You are more than welcome to measure it up if I am successful. If I may impose for a rough location then will plan return trip sympathetically.

I ideally need the bulkhead repaired before collection. Consulting over the weekend to arrange bulkhead logistics. Will keep you and Sheila posted. My window for collection is around first week of August (once again if successful)
Kindest regards
Mark
Marque

Post by Marque » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:42 am

PM sent
jerryd
Info: "the pom down under"

Post by jerryd » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:39 am

Hi Mark, I'll try and get a few pics taken in the next day or two, we are going into winter now so it's dark by the time I get home but I'll try and get up ten minutes earlier and take some :laugh: