Dormobile prices

Any other discussions not to do with Classic Campers.
ferretjuggler

Dormobile prices

Post by ferretjuggler » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:29 pm

I'd just like to get a rough estimate of the prices that I could expect to pay for a six pot Dormobile.

I know that that is a difficult question as prices depend on condition and a load of other variables.
Shall we say a price range for a good serviceable example, on the road with MOT.
And maybe a price range for one which needs restoration and recommissioning to some extent.

I've always had a hankering for a series IIA dormobile, I'd just like to get some sort of estimates of just how much saving/wheeling & dealing I need to do.
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Re: Dormobile prices

Post by Jabbawocky » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:19 pm

Hi Ferretjuggler

The price range over the last few years has been about a grand for a wreck to £14,000 for a minter. A good roadworthy example should be £6000 - £8000, but you could get a bargin if you can find a seller not quite up to speed on the camper boom.

Good luck with the hunt. We love ours.

Cheers Mick
AlexB

Post by AlexB » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:00 am

Agreed Mick

Unfortunately few and far between.

Marque bought one that had been rebuilt a few years ago and is managing to consider bulkhead replacement etc, so it does vary.

I hope to have my White Dormobile on the road for 2016, which makes it likely that the Blue one will be available then...
Marque

Post by Marque » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:54 pm

My experience in summary:
Minters (ex museaum v careful & loving owner 10-12K if available) (Norway being the example this year off of ebay)
Used daily - 8-10K (in UK)

Jerry D suggested importing one from Australia. I looked into it. Import costs 3-3.5K (assuming you can prove it was manufactured in the UK & was not "new" to the UK on import.
Australian Dormobiles - around 3K GBP & up. JerryD on this here forum being your best "in-country" contact. :cheers: A very helpful chap indeed.

Make sure seats in place (wardrobe & I think kitchen can be re-produced). Best of luck

Kindest regards
Mark