Hello Land Rover Dormobile - wanted (operational or project)

Please post items for sale or wanted here. Land Rover or items specific to camping only.
jerryd
Info: "the pom down under"

Re: Hello Land Rover Dormobile - wanted (operational or proj

Post by jerryd » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:43 pm

RMS wrote:That's great Mark - was it the Australian one?

Not the Australian one Robin, he's purchased the one from Jon Jeans . I'm sure Mark will put some pics up and tell us about his adventure driving it home soon :cheers:
RMS

Post by RMS » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:57 pm

So that means the Australia one is still available? ................ :whistle:
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
Marque

Post by Marque » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:05 pm

Thanks to all. The vehicle is great. Just what I wanted & performs as expected. However the wife has put the brace on me. Therefore the vehicle is for sale. It has been very well maintained by Jon. I am sure that the efforts he has put in will see it snapped up soon. However I have been given a stark choice by SWMBO.
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Post by Jabbawocky » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:42 pm

However I have been given a stark choice by SWMBO.
That's a shame, my wife loves our Dormobile, especially when it is parked in the market square of some French town and we are sat having a drink with freinds.
Here she is in Lyon la Foret in Normandy. Louise is on the right with our son William.

Link to the full story of the 2010 Dormobile gathering in Normandy here.
http://www.dormobile.org.uk/phpbb/viewt ... f=34&t=731
Show the wife, she may change her mind?

Good luck

Mick
Marque

Post by Marque » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:26 am

Mick

I am very happy for you that you & the family enjoy the vehicle. However my wife has clearly indicated that she wants 2 weeks where in a 5* hotel she does not have to do anything. :shakehead:
Forget any weekends away, so wants it all in one go. She forgets (or chooses not to remember) that our life really is not like that. Experience for her, hotel restaurant & room service by the pool.
I live in hotels (3-6 months at a time) & quite frankly after a while it is very mundane. I look at the trip reports with interest & yes I do wish we could keep the vehicle. But the ultimatum still stands. :bow:
M
Marque

Post by Marque » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:38 am

Hopefully the images will come through.

page03_zps813190e0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The wife appears to have calmed down, a bit. So depending fate I may be able to keep "Donkey" after all. Well that is what I am hoping for.
Marque
RMS

Post by RMS » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:12 am

Marque wrote:Hopefully the images will come through.
The wife appears to have calmed down, a bit. So depending fate I may be able to keep "Donkey" after all. Well that is what I am hoping for.
Marque
That's good news :cheers:

Nice looking Dormobile, by the way :tiphat:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
Marque

Post by Marque » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:30 pm

Time will tell. Thank you for your support. I am sure I am not the only member here who has had issues in introducing a Dormobile to the other half.
Jon should be thanked for the upkeep of the vehicle. Works to be done...all very quietly, but that was to be expected.
Fingers crossed...
M
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Post by Jabbawocky » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi

I had the same trouble, but had three things in my favour.
1. My wife was not in a position to complain about my Dormobile as it arrived on the drive about 12 hours after she gave birth to William and was still in hospital after very toubled delivery.
2. it was such a wreck that she never belived it would ever be finished and therefore would never have to go in her.
3. it was so bad, the previous owner gave it to me. I did have to pay £50 for the seats and cover some of the costs of getting it up here from Norfolk. Two very generous fellow enthusiasts went for her as I for some reason had to stay at home/hospital?

As for a main holiday instead of weekends away. A Dormobile allows you to have lots of weekends away and still have the main family holiday. We do use the Dormobile for our main holiday as well and Louise just loves the freedom she offers. Louise love hotels, but I used to spend 2 or 3 nights a week in hotels and think they are souless places. The have there uses when getting a culure fix in one of the worlds great cities, but when in the countryside, the camper is king.

As for only two weeks away, for the same money the Dormobile will give you a month away. We had 28 nights away on this special beach holiday. Info here http://carawagon.blogspot.co.uk/ Image
Before that we had 3 weeks in the Swiss alps.Trip report here. http://www.dormobile.org.uk/phpbb/viewt ... f=34&t=721 Image

Hope these images help.

Cheers Mick
jerryd
Info: "the pom down under"

Post by jerryd » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:22 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Mark that you get to keep "Donkey" :cheers: The pics look great but I think you should send me that winch :wink:
Maybe we should post lots of holiday snaps of dormobiles in action, to help convince your wife how cool they can be :gold:

I must admit I was very naughty yesterday, I took my eldest lad (whose just got his learners licence) to look at a boingy land rover. Well it's completely rust free with a nearly new motor in it, very tidy apart from a few dings which were compliments of the family pet cow . Instant decision made..........we drove it home :whistle:

Happy son, happy dad :wink: but swmbo needs convincing that it's a good car for a learner.
Attachments
New Toy.jpg
New Toy.jpg (70.23 KiB) Viewed 7178 times