Wanted some small items

DrivingDutchman

Wanted some small items

Post by DrivingDutchman » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi all,

I'm after the metal or are they aluminum knobs that secure the rear seats at the front of the frame.
I believe they normally are the same as the ones on the front seats?

Also I'm after a later model cooker with the broiler. Mine is not the original anymore and as lacking the broiler. Also it is shorter than the original.

Also the knob on the front of the broiler lid is missing, so will be looking for that too.

If anybody has some curtain runners kicking around, I'm interested in those too as the bottom curtain rail is missing them in the pop up roof.

Cheers,

Michiel
1969 109 sw dormobile Dora
1996 overland defender sw 110 Nellie
1962 109 sw safari diesel Hannie (sold)
1973 88 series 3 soft top in various bits on the drive...
AlexB

Re: Wanted some small items

Post by AlexB » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:34 am

HI Michiel

I had a feeling that Michel had a new cooker / kitchen unit from Dormobile am I correct?

Cooker / stove / broilers are, I believe the same on early VWs so Ebay might be the source

As ever, photos would be great to confirm everything. Jim at Dormobile UK is helpful, where and when he can be.

Dormobile UK also sell the curtain track and clips. Would give the link but their site must be down at the moment
AlexB

Post by AlexB » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:25 am

DrivingDutchman

Post by DrivingDutchman » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:07 pm

Think the kitchen unit as such is original, but the cooker is not I believe. Might be a common thing, if they go broken they are going to be replaced.

Will have a dig around on ebay.

Need to have a good look for other items missing, but the Dormi is not back from the garage yet. Failed MOT yesterday, nothing too serious, but needs be done before I can proceed.
Think the hook that retains the cooker lid in the upright position is missing, but need to check. Also can't remember seeing the gas valve in the kitchen unit. Again, need to check when she comes back from MOT.

Cheers for the help…

michiel
1969 109 sw dormobile Dora
1996 overland defender sw 110 Nellie
1962 109 sw safari diesel Hannie (sold)
1973 88 series 3 soft top in various bits on the drive...