How about a thread on variants?

Workshop and Technical tips & tricks.
AlexB

How about a thread on variants?

Post by AlexB » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:05 pm

As we have learned, almost every Carawagon is different - was this to try and get it right, whereas most Dormobiles are the same - was this a case of right first time? (I jest of course!)

I would be interested in seeing pictures of all the interiors of all the land rovers on here, perhaps in a technical section? both in driving mode and sleeping mode?

IF we could take them from the same angles, it would make a very useful reference library for those who want to upgrade or restore etc

Just a thought
RMS

Re: How about a thread on variants?

Post by RMS » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:33 pm

A very good idea Alex.

Between our 4 Carawagons here, we've got 3 different layouts and the two that are the same have some differences!

It's just a matter of remembering to take the pics :embarassed:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
jerryd
Info: "the pom down under"

Post by jerryd » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Seems a good idea to me :cheers: All the modifications I'm doing to furniture etc still keep it looking the same as original but with sneaky upgrades.Deeper units for better storage is my priority and so far it's all working well, although everything I've done so far has been prototype I'm now satisfied with construction etc and will install permanently after I re fit the roof.The best mods I've done were to the seat box, lots of extra storage and the soundproofing really works well.

Amazingly it's rained everyday since I've taken the roof assembly off :aaagh: so I haven't even started to restore it yet.
overlander
Info: Carawagon Junkie

Post by overlander » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:36 pm

A publication about to land on some of your doormats list many of the differences, mostly external and mechanical in a trio of Dormobiles :wink:

Perhaps Martin Walter embraced Henry Ford's ethos - any layout you like as long as they're identical, whereas RJ Searle offered a bespoke conversion, tailored to the individual's requirements - so no two were the same - spoken in jest of course.

Back on track, yes, it would be interesting to see all the variations listed.

cheers

John H
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Post by Jabbawocky » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:09 pm

HI Alex

Great idea. You had better kick us off, so we know which angle to take the shots from. The shots of my Dormobile will not be too exciting, as it is just the same as nearly all Dormobiles. The shots of my Carawagon won't be much better, as she has lost her interior, but at least she has a proper roof. :cheers:

Mick
AlexB

Post by AlexB » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:32 pm

Will give it some thought over the next couple of days and report back