Bits for Florence wanted

Please post items for sale or wanted here. Land Rover or items specific to camping only.
gossamer

Bits for Florence wanted

Post by gossamer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:18 pm

I have a blank canvas and a small budget.

I'm after gear and advice to help me turn Florence into a stunner.

I'm looking for.....

tents/awning
inverter
solar panel
wind generator....not curry based.
cooker
fridge
bed ideas
a couple of 1 ton rims
sympathy
encouragement
good excuses to get away

Cheers

Matt
To infirmary and beyond!
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Re: Bits for Florence wanted

Post by romanyrose » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:43 pm

G'day matey, it's maybe not up your street but i get or have got in the past all my gear from scrap caravans and that is including the awning that sits on the back of my Ambulance :wink: even the rail that the awning slides round came off an old caravan my hot water heater that hangs on the rear door of the 109 came out of a scrap telecom van or electric board van an they are 12 volt :shakehead:.

Yes i don't believe in spending loads of money and love to recycle as much as possible and always expect the unexpected and next to my hot water container that hangs on the back door there is a Meths burner that folds down so you can always warm at least something up to eat or drink in a few minutes.

I will put up pictures when either my lass shows me how or she does it for me but until then i can only chatter about what i do to make my truck my home if i decide i have had enough and would like to be at peace with nature for a while to recharge my batteries. Catch you later. R-Rose :cactus: .

PS. i have proberbly put this in the wrong place as usual so sorry if i have :wine:
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:51 am

Hello R-Rose

Advice was one of the things on my list so I reckon you're in the right place, thanks.

I've got my eye out for careworn caravans.

There's an Aldi portapotty in the garage.

An effective design for the interior would help a great deal.
To infirmary and beyond!
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:35 am

Wahay.

I may have sourced a 12v hand wash unit.

Thanks for the advice R-Rose
To infirmary and beyond!
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:49 pm

No worries mate :wine: thats what it is all about helping each other find what they might need without spending a fortune.

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:36 pm

G'day Matt, i sent you a PM well i think i did :banghead: so rather than just wonder i thought it best to reply on here then i know you will see it :laugh: .

You said you wanted a window and something else that i have forgot at the moment but i have spare doors windows and locker lids but there is a slight difference in the earlier type to the later type so while moving my trinkets if we have not moved them already to there new home :shrug: you might be in luck :stars: .

I will have to ask my helper as to what went where because he did the humping while i just pointed as to the direction it needed to be for safety and not get broken due to the price of replacements.

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
Rangie

Post by Rangie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Enjoy the process! :wink:

It took me 2 years to preen and polish off the basic conversion that best suited my needs. Guess what, 4 years later and its still not finished....... :roll:

I do find it most cathartic though.

Alec.
1972 109 Rover 11 Marshall Ambulance (Camper conversion)
1972 109 LD28 (Quick-change camper and Bothying vehicle!)
1988 RRC 4JB1T (Daily Driver)

Pressure Stove and Lamp fanatic also.
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:57 pm

THanks for the encouragement, chaps.

The MVT have verified Florence for age. '71 Rover 11

I just need to finish the brakes and do the last temporary bodges to the wiring for MOT.

Then I can get her registered and Footman James will stop moaning about her being insured on the chassis number.

FJ have been good over the time it has taken me to get her sorted.

A new loom will go in when the galv bulkhead arrives.

Any advice on cutting the rear bulkhead or other practical tips would be welcome.

I'm probably moving away from the camper fit out idea to a van to get my tent to site. Time will tell. MOT first!!!

A good diesel engine (200tdi if I can find one for the right money) would be useful once she's registered.

I must away, it's beer oclock with my little chum from around the corner.

Regards

Gossamer
To infirmary and beyond!
Alpinerover
Info: AlpineRovers.com

Post by Alpinerover » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:06 am

I've just sold my Ambi , after it sat on the drive for 3 years with all good intentions , i bought the insides of an old VW camper for mine off of e bay ..you'll be amazed at what comes up and how you can adapt it for very little money.
i've just got 35 foot of vinyl to recover the seats /make the bed /door cards for my new project for £35 :nana1:
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:46 pm

Good luck with the new project.

I trust its a Landy.

I have a lwb hard top with plain sides in need of a new home, if you're interested.

PM is best for reply as I don't get much time for playing on the forum at the moment.

Regards

Matt Gossamer
To infirmary and beyond!