My Carawagon

Welcome & new forum members - Please introduce yourself & your motor here.
chippit

My Carawagon

Post by chippit » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:50 pm

IMG_2402.JPG
Hi, my name is Christine and 18 months ago I was very lucky in finding a 1974 carawagon for sale.
After not very much work it went through an MOT and I am now using it as my daily transport.
I have taken the roof off and have taken it all to pieces, next week I shall order the hinges and tomorrow will be cutting the plywood to shape. I think the design of the carawagons is fantastic, so simple but it all works. Mine has the two bench seats that move to the middle to form the double bed and bunks, with two cupboards at the back. The stove was on the back door but has long gone.

It has a 4 cylinder petrol with a tartarini gas kit (fitted years ago) and 2x 50ltr tanks under the front seats. Not really that kean on gas, there are very few places that sell it now but at 70p per ltr I am getting 330 miles to 100ltrs of gas (£70) better than a diesel and much better than 16 miles per gallon on petrol.

Many thanks for all the information I have found on this site.

Regards Christine
Spider

Re: My Carawagon

Post by Spider » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Hello and welcome
RMS

Re: My Carawagon

Post by RMS » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi Christine,

Thanks for joining here.
I think I posted to your thread over on CASPA a few months ago.
Glad to hear you've got it on the road now :cheers:

I'd be really interested in the layout inside.
One of my projects has the same layout, but I'm struggling to work out how the two small seat backs (the back of one side bench seat) fit.
I think they should fit in front of the passenger and middle seat when folded, and with mine I've got some short lengths of 1" square tube which I think are to do with those seat backs, but as the bulkhead has been swapped on that one (from S2 to S3 :banghead: ) any original brackets etc. for those have gone :thud:
If you can shed any light on that for us, I'd be grateful :bow:

Cheers,
Robin.

PS. Where in the country are you?
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)