Rocky Mountain Door Tops.........

Workshop and Technical tips & tricks.
jerryd
Info: "the pom down under"

Rocky Mountain Door Tops.........

Post by jerryd » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:02 am

A friend has recently purchased a secondhand pair of rocky mountain door tops for his rebuild project and as he doesn't need them for awhile, I thought I'd test them out :whistle: I might add that mine rattle, wobble, the channels are buggered etc etc. After fitting them and test driving the vehicle all I can say is "wow" :stars:

Doors shut better and seem stiffer, no rattles at all and being able to slide open the front piece of glass is an added bonus too. I found with them open it creates a nice breeze around your feet and so much easier at Mc Donalds Drive Thru :gold:

Not cheap at $560.00 a pair over here but I'll be saving for a pair of these. I see they sell a kit to overhaul the rear windows too, has anybody used this ??
Attachments
Rocky Mountain Door Tops.jpg
Photo2491.jpg
AlexB

Re: Rocky Mountain Door Tops.........

Post by AlexB » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:47 pm

My first 110 12 seater had the old military door tops (like these) which were great. You can demist the windscreen in seconds by just opening the front by an inch or 2.

I managed to pick up a pair of door tops over here (with doors attached) for £100. These will be going on my "new" dormobile.

Not seen the repair kit. I needed a couple of bits for mine which I found easily enough on ebay