Happy wife shower

Workshop and Technical tips & tricks.
jock
Info: aussie jock

Happy wife shower

Post by jock » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:20 am

In the Aussie bush or coming from a swim in the sea, a shower is a must,(so i have been told) A $30 shower that plugs into the cig lighter with small pump attached + 20 liter water container # remove large pot of water from container boil and return to container, this brings 20 liters to shower temp... Drill roofrack and insert s/steel tube on rubber sliders, fabricate holding clip so tube stays with roofrack in transit... Now all you need is soap. Happy wife Happy life... P.S. Yes dear I'm making the shower curtain now.. :bow: :wine:
Attachments
(2) 100_2014.jpg
(2) 100_2013.jpg
(2) 100_2011.jpg
1968 11a dormobile
1964 swb cutwing ex army
1974 lwb station wagon
1977 2 door range rover
jerryd
Info: "the pom down under"

Re: Happy wife shower

Post by jerryd » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:39 am

Hi Jock,
I'm working on something similar for mine but after installing shower control as per pics I found it clashed with my fridge :stars: I'm now thinking I might move it along enough to clear the cupboard and fridge :shrug:

If not I'm going to install it in the wheel arch on the passenger side along with the pump, I also have a tap for the sink and I've got a custom made water tank which will fit under driver's side seat box. I just need some time to play and connect it all up :cheers:

As I said in my previous post, I'm taking one step forward and two back :banghead:
Attachments
Photo0849.jpg
Photo0845.jpg
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Re: Happy wife shower

Post by romanyrose » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:59 pm

G'day chaps, i must say i had a standard method made for my ambulance camper that was just a black waste water container from a caravan with a centre fill come side exit for the hose that ran down the side of the truck to a standard adjustable rose.
My spare wheel sits on the roof with the 5 gallon tank of water sat behind and is warmed by the sun so it is at least warmer than the normal water that comes from the tap and the pressure from the rose is quite adequate for a quick shower.
I know it is not to everybody's taste but after i had been on the road for a few days or at a race meeting for a long weekend that bit of water washing the sweat from your body is a god send and freshens you up know end.
I have yet to fit a water tank to one of my trucks but while i have my 2 plastic Jerry cans of water strapped to the front of my truck held in place between the wings in there Jerry can holders i never seem to have got any further but maybe one day if my lass wants a shower :whistle: .

Just the views of a silly old fool that has an obsession with the ideas that cost very little to be at ease with nature in his landrover. Catch you later. R-Rose. :wine: :tiphat: .