Eh up from Fenland

Welcome & new forum members - Please introduce yourself & your motor here.
FenTiger

Eh up from Fenland

Post by FenTiger » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Hello all! Lots of familiar faces here. :cheers:

Reason for joining up is that I have a Stage 1 Station wagon that we use for camping trips and the eventual plan is camper covert it, to make one night stop overs easier when travelling abroad, without the need for setting up a tent and parafernalia. The current plan is to fit a pop up roof with bunk (when I eventually find one!) and convert the back seats to VW 'rock and roll' style fold out bed. This should give enough space for Mrs FT and I and a bunk for the Fencub. I have started boxing the rear a little and have fitted a large leisure battery and split charge system with voltmeter and 3 x 12V outlets.

Any help with finding a roof would be much appreciated and interested in seeing interior piccies of other conversions for ideas.

Good to see some of the regulars at Peterborough last weekend. :cheers:

Thanks,

TF
Old enough to know that I dont know it all, yet young enough still to learn.
RMS

Re: Eh up from Fenland

Post by RMS » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi Toby, and Welcome :hello:

I didn't catch you at Peterborough - I was probably off scouting for bits when you dropped by :stars:

There's a load of pics put up by MrLeadfoot HERE

Almost every type of folding roof you can imagine there, might even give you some ideas for DIY :shrug:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
overlander
Info: Carawagon Junkie

Post by overlander » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:29 pm

Glad you could join us Toby, all sorts of ideas for camper conversions knocking about and I'm sure someone will be along soon with some advice. We've had some cracking weekends this year and hopefully you'll be along next year although you won't see me as I've packed in Land Rovering as you know :wink:

cheers

John H
FenTiger

Post by FenTiger » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:31 pm

Of course you have John (as far as the missus is concerned) :wink:

Sorry to have missed you at P'bog Robin.

Will have a mooch around for ideas and see what I can find....
Spider

Post by Spider » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi Toby and welcome.
You have started the other way round to me i have the roof and seats for a Dormobile but no Landy to put it on yet as it is still in kit form. (Series IIa 109 Sw).
Spider
Flo109
Info: 1972 109 LR Marshall Ambulance Camper

Post by Flo109 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:32 pm

FenTiger wrote:Hello all! Lots of familiar faces here. :cheers:

Reason for joining up is that I have a Stage 1 Station wagon that we use for camping trips and the eventual plan is camper covert it, to make one night stop overs easier when travelling abroad, without the need for setting up a tent and parafernalia. The current plan is to fit a pop up roof with bunk (when I eventually find one!) and convert the back seats to VW 'rock and roll' style fold out bed. This should give enough space for Mrs FT and I and a bunk for the Fencub. I have started boxing the rear a little and have fitted a large leisure battery and split charge system with voltmeter and 3 x 12V outlets.

Any help with finding a roof would be much appreciated and interested in seeing interior piccies of other conversions for ideas.

Good to see some of the regulars at Peterborough last weekend. :cheers:

Thanks,

TF
Hi

I used a VW pop up roof, i found mine on ebay!...
The biggest problem is a land rover has a different profile roof, and you have to cut it down with a disc grinder or jigsaw.

good luck,

mark
FenTiger

Post by FenTiger » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:25 am

Mark,

I had also been looking at VW pop up roof options and not afraid of some fabrication work. My ideal would be a proper Carawagon or Dormobile roof.

Pete,

Are you REALLY sure that you need your seats and roof........?

T
Spider

Post by Spider » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Sorry but yes i do. (been collecting bit over the years for the project)
Need to get the time to sort out and start putting it together or i keep saying that it will all go on the 110.(but thats not what i want as the call of a Series IIa camper is greater).