Hello from the North East of England

Welcome & new forum members - Please introduce yourself & your motor here.
catnap

Hello from the North East of England

Post by catnap » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:33 pm

I have been a series 2 club member for many years and use the forum name of catnap here and on the series 2 club forum. I try to post on the forum where I think I can be of assistance.
I do not yet have a complete Carawagon but have other projects to keep me occupied and which will take priority.
May be some time yet before it is up and running.
Kind regards to all

Ian
RMS

Re: Hello from the North East of England

Post by RMS » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Hi Ian, and welcome :cheers:

I would have liked to have joined you on the S2C C2C this year, but having just come back from a 760 mile trip in the Carawagon I felt like a more relaxing weekend :neener:

Let us know a bit more about your (incomplete) Carawagon, won't you :tiphat:

Cheers,
Robin.
(patNrob on S2C)
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
lightweightles
Info: 72 carawagon six pot,67 dormobile tdi

Post by lightweightles » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:08 pm

:hello: Ian,

welcome to the LRCC forum.

There are some good classic campers here and always a welcome from fellow forum users.

Good to see you tonight, best of luck with your project. :holly_arrive:

Best wishes Les :tiphat:
RMS

Post by RMS » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:23 pm

Hey Les, just out of interest (in case you didn't realise), this image :holly_arrive: is actually Patrick's Carawagon, down to the smallest detail including the colours (even the colour of the curtains!) and the ammo box on the front :cheers:

Clever lad, isn't he :wink:
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
lightweightles
Info: 72 carawagon six pot,67 dormobile tdi

Post by lightweightles » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:45 pm

Hi Robin,

I can see what you say now I look at it, especially the commissioned red curtains.

No doubt he is a lad of many talents but I summise you do not need me to tell you that.

Yvonne says to tell him he is a clever boy anyway cos she likes to make young lads blush, :embarassed:
oh so cruel she is. :whistle:

Best wishes Les :tiphat:
catnap

Post by catnap » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome

'Let us know about your (incomplete) Carawagon won't you'

Cream 88 Searle Safari series 2a, missing the rear bench seats but with complete full set front black vinyly landrover front seats with the wooden spacers screwed on
so lots of parts to look out for in particular bench cushions, double burner for back door, back door (!), 'Safari' badges to go on each of the front wings
Actually I have only seen one other safari with the 'safari' badge on the wings - does anyone know who would make reproductions or can provide measurements ?

Ian
Stuey

Post by Stuey » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:31 pm

catnap wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome

'Let us know about your (incomplete) Carawagon won't you'

Cream 88 Searle Safari series 2a, missing the rear bench seats but with complete full set front black vinyly landrover front seats with the wooden spacers screwed on
so lots of parts to look out for in particular bench cushions, double burner for back door, back door (!), 'Safari' badges to go on each of the front wings
Actually I have only seen one other safari with the 'safari' badge on the wings - does anyone know who would make reproductions or can provide measurements ?

Ian
Piccies please! (From another Searle Safari Owner)

I have a Bench seat from the back of a Carawagon that maybe of use to you :whistle:
Not everything has to be big!

www.88inchcarawagons.co.uk
catnap

Post by catnap » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi Stuey
No piccies as in bits (some in mother in law's garage) No doubt as restoration progresses will try to post some
Removable bulkhead bar fixings seem very rust bound so will have to try soaking them in freeing oil before attempting to remove.
A little wooden framework is left on the rear tub. Has a 'converted by Searle badge' on the driver's side of the tub (but plate is ally and not plastic like Lightweightles's carawagon on his series 3)

Presumably the Searle badges went all plastic when they started using series 3's ? :shrug: Can anyone shed some light on that ?

It has got plain panel sides (no windows) and interesting little vent panel located centrally in the rear roof section above the rear door (did I mention I am looking for a rear door ?) which covers two ventilation holes. Sadly bent when I was maneouvering roof panel but will straighten out (whoops).

Stuey what size is the rear bench seat ?
Does your safari have the Safari badges on the wings ?

Kind regards

Ian
Stuey

Post by Stuey » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Stuey what size is the rear bench seat ? Cannot remember off the top of my head, but I recovered it from a standard Carawagon which is still on Ebay at this moment in time click for more info I had it in the sales and wants section for a while, clicky. I don't know the dims off the top of my head, but I can compare them to my own if you like?

Does your safari have the Safari badges on the wings ? Yes it does, alluminium, not too sure if they changed to plastic or not. I tend to not to pay too much attention to Series 3s!

I can get more detail when I get home if you like?

Regards

Stu
Not everything has to be big!

www.88inchcarawagons.co.uk
catnap

Post by catnap » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi Stuey
yes please for dimensaion :cheers:
if it is the same dimensions as your own searle 88 I would be interested :gold:
Also yes please I will take you up on the offer of images of the badge on the wings as I will see if I can get any made up to match as that is what I am missing
Does your searle have the double grille on the back door ? - if so I would be interested in details of the make so I can keep my eyes open for a similar one :tiphat:
many thanks
Ian