My first trip

Please post your trips here, past, present & future.
Note that shows etc. should be posted in the 'Events & Shows' section.
lightweightles
Info: 72 carawagon six pot,67 dormobile tdi

My first trip

Post by lightweightles » Sat May 26, 2012 1:46 pm

Well here goes I am announcing my forthcoming expedition trip call it what you will.

Sunday 03/Jun/2012 Ripley Round Trip in honour of HRH Queen Elizabeth the 11s' Diamond Jubbly.

We will depart Sunday morning around 10ish arrive at Ripon when we get there, camp for the night. Stay at Ripley Castle for the duration of Bank Holiday Monday, and depart when it finishes arriving back home around 8ish on the Monday evening.

The itinerary will be to do some sight seeing have a picnic on the way down the A19 or, the black road with white lines in the middle, when I ask SWMBO what road are we on. :thud:

Pitch carawagon and tent where ever Robin tells us to, so as not to spoil the AWARD winning morrocan encampent (just thought I would get that plug in for you Robin and all winners). :whistle:

Put the kettle on if I have not forgotten it. :o

Hang her Royal Blue hat on the hat peg cos after all "where ever she lays her hat that's my home la la la la", thats me singing already and not one drop of alcohol has passed my lips.

Have a natter show my carawagon and look at other carawagons, see what stuff they have brought and how they store it.

Give Robin half a dozen bottles of pear cider as payment for my supper ( looking forward to this Robin and Steve).

By the way Robin as a side note Sainsbirys have 8 bottles of pear cider reduced from £13 to about £8 I think, saw it last night, only six max boxes per customer allowed. Let me know if want me to get you some not that I am saying you drink a lot just a good offer.

Sit round fire have a natter and a little sip of the fire water sing ging gang goolie.

Have someone read me a bed time story sing me a lullaby. Saw logs (or snore) for eight hours. Awake in the morning refreshed wondering why no one else got any sleep.

Put fire/heat under some venison sausages black pudding and eggs from my chickens, providing I have remembered the frying pan. Yes Gordon (Lowebox) I will be transporting raw eggs again, I can bring you some if you want some.

Have a gander around the other classic cars and have a drool over them. If any public want to see mine I will show them, though I do not think us Land Rover guys polish theirs as much.

Have an afternoon tea of scone with clotted cream and jam and slice of cake, if I can convince/force Yvonne to bake some scones, though after tasting her scones I may pass by Sainsburys and buy some.

Pack everything back in the carawagon probably putting everything back wrong and taking twice as long to strike camp than I did to pitch camp.

Get back home not relying on her to get us home safely as she needs directions to get some where and then a new set of directions to get back.

I may even post some photos if she managed to take some, and write a trip report, providing Robin has not closed this section after reading my dribble. :neener:

And to think some peoples take the trouble to go all the way to morroco and beyond for their trip, bet it was a great trip guys shame I missed it. :bow:

Best wishes Les
RMS

Re: My first trip

Post by RMS » Sat May 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Nice one Les - I quite enjoyed reading that, and I'm looking forward to the weekend even more now ...... mmmmmm clotted cream, jam & scones :woohoo:

Cheers,
Robin.

PS. You have a PM :tiphat:
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
lightweightles

Post by lightweightles » Sat May 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Got PM have replied

Was sending message to Steve I type really slow and not used to computers.

Wonder if he wants any Cider.

We have a local shop that the owner often gets bottles of cider in and he sells them really cheap sometimes even 50p a bottle.
WhiteKnight
Info: Wagons, ho!

Post by WhiteKnight » Sat May 26, 2012 6:12 pm

lightweightles wrote:Got PM have replied
Was sending message to Steve I type really slow and not used to computers.
Wonder if he wants any Cider.
We have a local shop that the owner often gets bottles of cider in and he sells them really cheap sometimes even 50p a bottle.
Who, me?

Cider?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah! (Pear, that is)

PS Like your trip writing prequel, Les.

Looking forward to your post-match interview :tiphat:
lowebox
Info: my camper is a tent untill I get the 109
Location: The wilds of the Lincolnshire wolds,(well just outside Grimsby)

Post by lowebox » Mon May 28, 2012 6:23 pm

Les
Yes please 6 eggs would be great as Wendy and myself are staying up there all week they will be GREAT for breaky :tiphat: :cheers:
All the best Gordon
lightweightles

Post by lightweightles » Tue May 29, 2012 5:16 am

Gordon,

I will bring either six or half a dozen eggs depending on how many the chickens have laid for your breakfast, but only because of Wendy, and Yvonne told me I have to. :neener: No probs mate. :cheers:

Best wishes Les :tiphat:
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight » Tue May 29, 2012 3:21 pm

lightweightles wrote:Gordon,
I will bring either six or half a dozen eggs depending on how many the chickens have laid for your breakfast, but only because of Wendy, and Yvonne told me I have to. :neener: No probs mate. :cheers:
I should bring six, Les.

If you bring half a baker's dozen you may end up with egg on your face, and have to break one egg, all white?

And that's no yolk.

lightweightles

Post by lightweightles » Wed May 30, 2012 12:08 am

Hi Steve,

I am having trouble trying to find an egg box for the half bakers dozen. The other half is for Jake and Yvonne says he likes the yolk so Gordon has to have the white, the bairn comes first.

Got your special price offer cider yet???

Best wishes Les
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight » Wed May 30, 2012 8:51 am

Hi Les.

Heehee, that's no problem. I'll cut you one up.

Thanks to HRH for thinking of Jake and remembering he only likes the yolk.

Thanks also for the heads-up on the cider.
Sainsbury's were limiting punters to 6 boxes, so six duly bought.

Mind you, it started to drizzle and I had to get them to the car quickly.

She's an angel, bless her.
lightweightles

Post by lightweightles » Wed May 30, 2012 1:07 pm

^^^^^^^^^ :grin: :grin: :grin:

Glad you got some cider, I managed seven boxes at one purchase. Must be as some were Bulmers original therefore it was 5 pear and two original.