Land Rover Dormobile Curtains.......

Workshop and Technical tips & tricks.
jerryd
Info: "the pom down under"

Land Rover Dormobile Curtains.......

Post by jerryd » Fri May 25, 2012 12:22 am

Could anybody give me the dimensions for the curtains and how many pieces there should be please. I've been given some suitable curtain material, but my dormobile had only one half shredded piece of curtain fitted when I purchased it :grin:

It would be nice to re make them to the correct dimensions etc.

Thanks in advance :tiphat:
Ian
Info: 1962 Dormobile "Zuma"

Re: Land Rover Dormobile Curtains.......

Post by Ian » Fri May 25, 2012 7:08 am

Hi Jerry,

This is what I have measured for my truck:

2 x front curtains - 54" wide by 23" deep
1 x RHS passenger door to wardrobe (assuming you have the wardrobe fitted) - 48" wide x 23" deep
1 x LHS passenger door to cooker - 34" wide by 23" deep
1 x LHS passenger (over cooker) - 42" wide x 23" deep
1 x rear door - 30" wide by 23" deep
2 x roof curtains - 32" wide by 20" deep (needs curtain tape top and bottom)
Also, you will need 2 small curtains to cover the back windows to suit. These will have popper fixings.

Where in QLD are you?

Regards,
Ian

1970 Series IIA Station Wagon
1962 Series IIA Dormobile
jerryd

Post by jerryd » Fri May 25, 2012 11:00 am

Hi Ian,
Thank you for the prompt response :cheers: I'm living in a small town about 50 kilometers north west of Brisbane called Dayboro. It's a bit like living in the wild west at times :tiphat:

It's our annual festival this sunday and people will flock to our town for a fun filled day :woohoo:

Here's a link to see where we are

http://www.dayborodistrict.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ian

Post by Ian » Sat May 26, 2012 6:35 am

Hi Jerry,

You are welcome. I'm in the middle of renovating the interior of my Dormie and thus curtains are high on the agenda.

Looks like you live in a neat part of Oz. I spent 6 months working south of Brisbane a couple of years ago and loved the country around there. Looks like you are the closest list member to me here in California!

Regards,
Ian
jonjeans
Info: jonjeans

Post by jonjeans » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:15 pm

Thank you for the sizes - very useful. We made a set up by guess work - they work OK - but omitted the top pair of skylight curtains as probably will not use bunks.
Ian

Post by Ian » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:42 am

Glad the curtains worked out okay. I still need to make up a set for my Dormie. I have a wife and a sewing machine. Wife and sewing machine have a very distant relationship, having not conversed for at least 20 years. It looks like I will have to read the instruction manual :shrug: .

Ian
Spider

Post by Spider » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:23 am

That good to know the sizes of them for mine, but a long way from needing to do the curtain yet.
jock
Info: aussie jock

Post by jock » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:29 am

jerryd wrote:Could anybody give me the dimensions for the curtains and how many pieces there should be please. I've been given some suitable curtain material, but my dormobile had only one half shredded piece of curtain fitted when I purchased it :grin:

It would be nice to re make them to the correct dimensions etc.

Thanks in advance :tiphat:
G'day Jerryd, good to hear there is more dormi owners in Oz, bought all my gear from Spotlight, clip tape, clips, and sun block backing material, (a must in Oz) You can still buy the silent gliss original runner from caravan parts, I have some pic's just got to work out how to attach them...Jock...
1968 11a dormobile
1964 swb cutwing ex army
1974 lwb station wagon
1977 2 door range rover
jerryd

Post by jerryd » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi Jock,
Welcome to the forum :tiphat: It would appear that a few dormobiles have appeared recently in Australia, it took five years for me to finally get my hands on one.
Maybe you could post some pics of your dormobile for us all to see, I know of two in Perth so I'm curious to see if yours is one of those or yet another one that has emerged.

A friend's better half is making my curtains for me :woohoo:
jock
Info: aussie jock

Post by jock » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:05 am

Hi guy's,

Some pic's I took after a wash, before the curtains went up, will put pic's with curtains next time as only room for three pic's max... Three years in the build and around seven Land Rovers for parts, come with 2.6 eng as standard, but after fitting three engine's opted for the westlake 6 cyl 3 lit, noticed a dormobile with a roofrack in a mag so welded one up, and then added some air bags, and have just finnished the table, it seems to be never ending, now looking at an under floor water tank ... A friend has another dormi in the hills here in Perth, thats the only two I know of in the west... Jock
Attachments
100_0171small.jpg
100_0170small.jpg
100_0169small.jpg
1968 11a dormobile
1964 swb cutwing ex army
1974 lwb station wagon
1977 2 door range rover