WOW! and now a Higher octave.

Any other discussions not to do with Classic Campers.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

WOW! and now a Higher octave.

Post by romanyrose » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:10 pm

G'day chap's, well what can i say but the fact my voice has gone up a few octaves :aaagh: , after feeling pleased with myself after doing a bit more rust prevention on HEC rear chassis i thought i would take a look in the rear of my 109 camper.

The top tailgate is on gas ram's from an old disco, however the rear tailgate open's to the side by using station wagon standard hinges for reason's i will mention at a later date of my waffling.

I must say one thing i did forget to remember was the side opening rear tailgate was ram assisted, :embarassed: this was done to assist me when putting my two St Bernard's who have sadly passed away in the back but it also help's in other way's.

Having forgot about the addition of the gas ram :whistle: when that tailgate opened the feeling i got was very painful to say the least and to where it hit me i will leave that to your imagination, :shakehead: but the word's i used were a tad unmentionable but at least the tailgate opened without my help.

A strong brew of coffee and a sit down helped is all i will say :wink: .
Catch you later. R-Rose :stars:.
Peaceand

Re: WOW! and now a Higher octave.

Post by Peaceand » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Hi Brad,
Is that the same tailgate that got me when we were helping you look for something in your old house? It was a bit of a surprise to say the least!
Luckily I'm a bit shorter than you..
  • Holly - 1972 Searle Carawagon Continental Ultimate (200 TDi)
  • Basil - 1969 Searle SWB (Prima TD)
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Re: WOW! and now a Higher octave.

Post by romanyrose » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:57 pm

:roll: :whistle: , yep that's the one :embarassed: and you are not the only one due it lifting one of my visitor's off the floor :aaagh: and to top it off when he opened the bottom side opening rear tailgate it promptly swung open into his stomach as well a bit lower body wise promptly knocking him to the floor :thud: .

Swear word's believe me you have heard nothing like it :rant: that went on for what seemed like ages, even though i had warned him when he went to just open the door i guess he might take notice next time :wink: .

I must admit i have toned thing's down a bit although the bottom tale gate strut has packed up it was after all off a scrap disco :laugh: .

To be honest i find it funny these day's when his first word's are :whistle: AM I SAFE AROUND YOUR TRUCK ?? or word's to that effect.

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .