Splendid.

I'm off for a beer.

:cheers:
To infirmary and beyond!
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Re: HEC updates

Post by romanyrose » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:35 pm

Apparently I have posted the wrong photos so hopefully these will be right.
Blonde moment and confusion are not a good combination.
Jaynie
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (247.08 KiB) Viewed 6586 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (177.09 KiB) Viewed 6586 times
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:54 pm

G'day chap's, i hope you are not getting bored but i keep changing my mind and try and make something a tad stronger just to stop the hoops falling out on a dark night as i am a tad hand fisted and have a habit of not knowing my own strength and breaking what i have just made.

Like the last one i tested in the vice although strong the sprung clips were on the small side for my arthritic hands and when my lass came back from somewhere with some i could handle so i started again and used what you can see again this time using the vice and a hand winch to test the soldering of the loops i made which passed the test so a bit of shrink sleeve each end job done.

As you can see by the pictures there is no slack but one thing i will change is fit a slightly shorter clevis pin that in my eye's does not look out of place :shakehead: .

I noticed Janie has put up a picture of the lightweight tongue and groove i will be using to make my 88 a little bit more cosey but a choice of cookers has to be made so i can build around it but then i normally have something that folds down on the back tail gate with a hole cut out to hold a bowl of water for either washing or washing up :whistle: .

Anyway that is further down the line of jobs to be done after the wall boarding insulation a cupboard a shelf or two with the screw tops fastened underneath so i can see what is in the jars and they don't bounce about like i have done on all my campers :wink:

Maybe a bit of measuring tomorrow which is where the fun begins due to figures a tape measure and me just don't get on but then that's nothing new :thud: . Catch you later.R-Rose :tiphat: .
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:04 am

Don't forget you have a cooker here, in your pile of goodies.
To infirmary and beyond!
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:27 pm

G'day Matt, :stars: i clean forgot about that and today has been a planning day for the wall boarding where to fit the cooker and washing bowl that will be on the passenger side basically because i have what i think is a square tool box off a lightweight that will house the gas bottle outside.

Although father had fitted the number plate to the off side it is obstructed by the spare wheel carrier that i fitted hence it is on the top tailgate with a Yugo number plate light each side which sounds a tad strange due to having some nice old chrome ones but i like to fit that type on my dash which again is just my preference :wink: .

Could you either send me a picture along with the size of what i am going to fit please or just the name so i can try and find a picture to work by :shrug: , although i hope to do both sides along with the insulation first i guess that will take me a day or two using screws-glue and panel pins unless i change my mind design wise which is a strong possibility :whistle: .

I like to think i am on a role now with all my plans coming together slowly and if i do get stuck i can always end up just up the road from the pit in my caravan like normal :shrug: .

Having acquired all this wood for my good mate Marty which is sat in my trailer from what i gather it is going to be there for a few weeks at least :thud: but then i guess that is my own fault for not working faster :cactus: .

Thank's for reminding me Matt and like i have already said i am sorry for keeping you waiting it is not intentionable but it will happen :embarassed:

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:25 pm

I will be home tomorrow night

PM me a decent email address and \i will send pics and dimensions of the over/cooker.

I have another two ring burner and grill available and will send photo's dimensions of that too.

Both incendiary devices are untested by me.

Cheers

Matt
To infirmary and beyond!
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:08 am

G'day chap's as most will know in my part of the country the heat was pretty high so it was a good job my medication does not although an early start to the day which is a shame because i am burning daylight and in years gone by i would get more work done before day break than the rest of the day :shrug: .

I must admit i struggled and drunk what seemed gallons of cold tea but i did manage to cut some thin ply the size and shape needed but when it came down to cutting the length of strips to pin the boards to as hard as i tried i could go no further.

I have a modern wireless i got from my son but it's a CD player not tape so another job another day is record the tapes on to CD's unless of course i can find a modren with tape player that i can connect my multi CD changer to if anyone has one kicking about that i can swop for a trinket :wink: .

By this time my leg's had started to give way so it was a case of more planning and what seemed like anther gallon of cold tea although to be honest i could have knocked back a couple of beer's but Penicillin and beer don't mix and i would probably ended up sat on my bum a tad :stars: .

gossamer

Post by gossamer » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:02 am

Take it steady, old chap.

It is unfashionably warm this week.
To infirmary and beyond!
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:07 pm

G'day chap's, i have kind of started the measuring and cutting of the lat's that will eventually be the frame work for the back body to be built on and around but as the saying goes measure twice and cut once :shakehead: Nope! it does not work for me at all having measured four times i went for the one i thought was nearest :embarassed: .

Like i think i have mentioned many times figures a tape measure and me don't get on so if what ever looks square and not out of place i am afraid to say i have to swallow my pride with the thought's that one day thing's will work out without hassle.

Not surprisingly to me i only managed two lat's for the near side because the top lat's will be held in place by the bolt's that hold the roof on so it was a case finding four longer bolt's the same thread as the original one's fitted so in this heat along with helping my lass clean the filters in the pond was all i managed to get done today :shrug: .

Finishing on a fantastic note :nana: having been taken down to my doc's to have my dressing changed the burn is healing really well so my lass and i are really chuffed :woohoo: .

RMS

Post by RMS » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:28 am

Great news Brad, hope the leg continues healing well and you look after it :cheers:

Glad to see you're making the most of the good weather and getting on with HEC - keep on truckin' as they say :tiphat:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)