HEC updates

Workshop and Technical tips & tricks.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Re: HEC updates

Post by romanyrose » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:52 am

G'day Robin, i think for a start i will use some terry clips just so i can get on with some thing else, regards tension on the frame work when pushed in :shrug: i fitted a bracket each side to support the front section of the tubes so i only have to sneeze when pulling the frame out and it will come out all the way :embarassed: .

Burning daylight so i have to go and tinker in one way or another. Catch you later. R-Rose the accident prone Silverback. :tiphat:
RMS

Post by RMS » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:15 pm

Ah, the original design was for just one internal supporting bracket on each side, near the back, on the SWB.

That would cause the poles would drop slightly at the front when pushed in, which would, I suppose, cause friction stopping them rattling out again :shrug:

If your frame pulls out so easily then you've done too good a job Brad :neener:

Terry clips are your answer, I think :cheers:

Oh, and it might be worthwhile putting a line of red paint or something on the poles at their full working extention, so you can see how far to pull the frame out without risking pulling them all the way out.
There was nothing in the original design, as far as I know, to stop it being pulled all the way out accidentally :thud:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
woollen797

Post by woollen797 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:11 pm

the advantage with the 109 is I never pull them out far enough till I get centre bar out but I do like the idea of marking it where it needs to stop.
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:41 pm

Hello Everyone
Brad has asked me to put these pictures on here for him.
Sorry Robin if you have to work on them for me.
Brad has said its just the front end today after he's finished putting up the arch for me in the garden.
Catch you later
Jaynie x
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (256.77 KiB) Viewed 6624 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (293.51 KiB) Viewed 6624 times
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:44 pm

Sorry everyone there's two more pictures
Jaynie x
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (274.27 KiB) Viewed 6625 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (276.67 KiB) Viewed 6625 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (319.24 KiB) Viewed 6625 times
RMS

Post by RMS » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Thanks Jaynie :tiphat:

Very clean Brad, and colourful :cheers:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Well done on the photo's Jaynie.

Tidy job, there, Brad.

I'm lovin that trailer!

Remind me of your address please chaps in case I happen to be passing by sometime.
To infirmary and beyond!
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:28 am

G'day chap, it was time to knock up an arch for my lass so she can train a bush to grow over the path by the pond so the truck's are out of her eye line but then i can also hide :neener: and i bet she never thought of that one :laugh: .

Today was more of a thinking come practice day after making and painting her arch that of coarse like my trucks is made up of what ever i have to hand and will do the job to last a good few years again thanks to pallets and the like being dropped at my door free :wink: .

Because i have lights on the top corner of the back body the only place i can fit terry clips electrical wires are tucked neatly behind the work light bracket out of the way so it is back to thinking but however my thought's turned to a very light weight chain just under the length of the canopy when fully extended with again light weight clips at each end {the kind you have on your key ring}.

The split rings you fit your keys to i have one on the rear of the truck back body that's fitted to the work light and center pole support the other end is fastened to the rear hoop where the center pole locates which means when the canopy is fully extended it can't go any further and i can tinker about fitting the light weight awning i have in mind without anything falling out.

Of course i will be fitting a rail that awnings run through to the back of the 88 the shape of the rear body like i have on other trucks so with using the idea above nothing falls out while i am erecting my canopy, this of course only applies to the 88 as the poles for the canopy are not that long and it might sound strange to some but on your own with a windy night i found it helped.

My ambulance has an awning made from other peoples throw out's along with frame work i have knocked up from what ever was available and has stood the yest of time and bad weather so i must be doing something right apart from explaining myself :embarassed: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:20 pm

G'day chap's, having pushed myself a tad trying to multi task :shakehead: i have come to the conclusion one job at a time instead of getting carried away which leaves me a tad confused if nothing else :stars: .

Eventually i opened my cab door to work out the wood work i need to do to support the headlining rather than relying on the rusty metal frame work which one can guarantee has suffered from water ingress over time, even more so with the safari type roof which i have to help with condensation.

I had already made the two stained wooden supports that are fastened in the rib's of the roof which left me one across the front to support anything sagging but also the two home made valences i have made to bolt the sun visors on.

I had a nice bit of quadrant kicking about in my stores {the roof of the garage} along with a nice bit of 2''x 1'' so that was shaped with my small hand plane and some sandpaper then assembled the width needed along with some glue and pins, although not a lot the trim across the front of the valence is in place but not fasten having caught my rather large burn and opened it up :banghead:

Along with the suggestion of my lass i called it a night a lot of the healing done since i did the burn has been kind of put back a bit :thud: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat:
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:40 pm

Here we go another picture of r-roses truck inside now I've let him get back to doing his Land Rover, after two weeks of putting up a garden arch. Hope you like them.
Catch you later
Jaynie
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (213.23 KiB) Viewed 6588 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (204.64 KiB) Viewed 6588 times