Roof light rubbers

Please post items for sale or wanted here. Land Rover or items specific to camping only.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Roof light rubbers

Post by romanyrose » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:13 pm

G'day chaps, now my helper has made it possible to get to the 109 with a Dormobiled roof it seems i need new rubbers to hold the perspex/glass in place, so my question is where can i buy these from please :shrug: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
RobW

Re: Roof light rubbers

Post by RobW » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:23 pm

If it's the standard roof then they still sell them: think it's http://www.dormobile.co.uk/parts.html

Can't get any further as work's firewall thinks it's a dangerous site..... Possibly only for the wallet!
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:12 pm

G'day matey, thanks for that having at some point during moving stuff around the window has been pushed in by some heavy handed person :embarassed: while clambering for trinkets that kind of got buried.

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
AlexB

Post by AlexB » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:27 pm

Now then Brad - check what thickness glass you have, I have bought 2 sets of rubbers from Dormobile, having been assured that the thickness doesn't matter - but it does

The seals they sell for land rover dormobile windows are for the thicker glass. They have been known to weep a bit if you have the thinner (1/4 as opposed to 3/8) glass

I am probably going for the ebay volkswagon seals or even from woolies for my current project

Just make sure you get seals for the right thickness glass

PS They are a bastard to fit - special tool needed plus skill and patience. I have had mobile windscreen firms do it for me (£60 i seem to recall)

All the best
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:16 pm

G'day Alex, thanks for the response and information and with you mentioning the different types i remembered i had a massive bag full of window rubbers and fillets so lets just hope i still have the diamond shaped tool that feeds the fillet in.

I remember now fitting some side windows and alpine lights which really tested my patience till i thought about it and made the diamond shape tool that the fillet runs through when the tool is sat in the groove of the seal, with some washing up liquid applied inside the groove it made a pain of a job much easier.

With you just jogging my memory i must say thanks for unearthing something that was stored away in my excuse for a brain box as it's stopped me worrying if nothing else :wine: yep! and i can now enjoy a bottle rather than sit there wondering when why and how it's appreciated.

Catch you later. R-Rose :wine: