Rear canopy

Workshop and Technical tips & tricks.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Re: Rear canopy

Post by romanyrose » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:11 pm

G'day chaps, after yesterday and lot's of visitors bringing along trinkets large and small i can't say rising from my slumber land was easy this morning but i think more like afternoon really :shrug: all because of excitement gratitude and non stop talking about mine and of coarse your hobby.
If a landrover camper could have been built just by the movement of my mouth and brain it would have happen yesterday i can tell you it's also as soon as i sat i was gone with the fairies and after that i can't say i remember much but something must have happened because i woke up in my slumber land :laugh: .
Anyway i eventually got started and in very much the same way the wiring had to be sorted not because of anything being wrong but i just want it neater a light for the awning/canopy and a power take off for that awning i got from Dan C which is the same as Trevs.
If Dan reads this or Robin can remember because it is in that safe place :shrug: but from what i remember it was a two berth with awning and sides so can anyone shed some light on what i got from Dan please or if no joy there what size is Trevs.
I have tried contacting Dan but i am probably doing something wrong because i rarely get any replies from a few i have tried to contact :shrug: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat:
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:53 pm

Well chaps, it's been another productive day on HEC although from what others say a bit of a cool one my only problem was steaming up glasses while sat half in or if you like half out while fitting conduit to the wiring for the lights inner and outer ones and not forgetting the fan for my St Bernard who gets a tad hot sometimes in traffic queues that distresses her quite a lot.
The next step was to hunt hinges out that will work the cat flap the top hinge i hope to use the two holes that are already there from when a safari door was fitted so when i find what i need i am hoping to utilize the safari top hinge and what ever fits the bottom of the cat flap space permitting of course but if not i came across some lovely stainless hinges with grease nipples in the pins now they look nice in my eye's anyway and certainly different which of course i like :whistle: .
Now for some reason i started to feel the cold so it was down with the garage door and just for a change sort through one of my many small boxes full of landrover trinkets so i dug out one of those plastic boxes that had nice little sectional compartments in it was then i came across some of those small seals that stop water going down the wiper spindals :nana: i needed two but found a few more than two but by this time i realized i was getting a tad chilly so called it a day and a good productive day at that :wink:
To top my day off i have had a reply from Dan and it was an Oztent two man jobby from what i remember with extra's that might sit over my canopy :shrug: but i am going to dig it out and see.
Catch you later.R-Rose :tiphat:
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:19 pm

Hello everyone, Brad has asked me to put these on here for him, Sorry robin if it means you redoing the sizes and if needs be turning them around, so everyone is not stood on their heads.
Catch you later, Jaynie
Attachments
IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0203.JPG (244.42 KiB) Viewed 7311 times
IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0202.JPG (233.33 KiB) Viewed 7311 times
IMG_0201.JPG
IMG_0201.JPG (202.97 KiB) Viewed 7311 times
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:02 pm

G'day chaps, well again i feel i have to thank Robin&Patrick for allowing me to waffle on about what i get up to and Robin you should be proud of what you have made it has given me a new lease of life although i struggled to start with thanks to Simon who while on holiday came over and got me started measuring cutting and fitting the rear canopy.

As can be seen i have also gone my way and fitted what was originally there back on my home made bracket with stepped stainless tubular spacers so i can keep my work light indicators in another position but can be seen just as well.

My interior electrics are now back working but done a lot better with just the fan to keep my little dog cool all in recycled conduit from scrap Disco's but like i said in my other post tinkering is never done and the frame work for my side awning is next in line :nana: what a hobby i would be lost with out it :wine: .

Tomorrow :wink: well i am having a day out with a friend who is taking me to look at what i hope will be the bases of my wrecker my late father and i were going to build so a change is as good as a rest and all add's to my life i am happy to share with others.
Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
woollen797

Post by woollen797 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:41 am

Looking well
DrivingDutchman

Post by DrivingDutchman » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:59 pm

That looks really smart Brad...
1969 109 sw dormobile Dora
1996 overland defender sw 110 Nellie
1962 109 sw safari diesel Hannie (sold)
1973 88 series 3 soft top in various bits on the drive...
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:53 pm

Thanks guys, i like to do things in a different way to others and my mind seems to be stuck in the sixties era with the flower power days which is kinda cool no violence and at ease with nature that a lot of people take for granted these days.

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
wagoner

Post by wagoner » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:37 pm

Flower power poo ,chops n chicks get real ,them sixties were good,man real good ,bro trev
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:39 pm

G'day Trev, i loved the first part the chick's you refer to couldn't handle my way of life and as you well know the chop is now laid up 200,00 miles later in the same shed it started life with me in 68 next to the panel it fell through while i was playing silly devils :neener:.

While i wobbled off in a drunken stupor my late father repaired the said asbestos panel with that black tape they used in the RAF that is still stuck there today :whistle: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat:
wagoner

Post by wagoner » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:06 pm

I,m playing with a 47 ES 2 at the minute ,same as our mate ginger had,I,ll bring it round when I get chance cheers trev