HEC updates

Workshop and Technical tips & tricks.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Re: HEC updates

Post by romanyrose » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:42 pm

Nimble-double jointed- articulate or just a man of many position's :shakehead: nope! as much as i tried just trying to bend in one position so i could mark and drill my holes was just not going to happen :laugh: .

If the weather had of been a tad warmer i would have just put up my bed and slept, as it was that large stereo i acquired the other night by someone's dustbin had been thoroughly cleaned,using some tetra chloride? to clean the tape head's it work's a dream and a bit of Barclay James Harvest would have along with my bed cured my frustration,maybe a :wine: or two as well{Practice Run} :whistle:

If some agile person could spare me an hour or two and you are not far away that would be a blessing, now i have asked i might have taken some pressure off myself :shrug: which is what normally happen's i hope :roll:, so put on some good sounds and i will give it a go tomorrow.

I had a visitor yesterday who bought me some trinkets but his series two was running very bad, under the bonnet :woohoo: problem found-fixed a tweak of the carb and the dizzy a good chin a brew the loo and he was off what seemed like a rocket :aaagh: .

I am calm now after fixing and putting away two series 2 vent screws and some other bracket's, come to think of it maybe i need a massage with some ep90 :thud: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Many a true word said in jest :laugh: but i have done it :nana: , like i said yesterday i ask for help and the stubborn side of me takes over and won't give in even though it has about put me on my knee's :shakehead: .

The lat across the top of the rear body was not flat so i cut a recess each end so it at least sit's flush, after marking one hole at a time in the wood then drilling the hole to except the longer 7/16 bolt's although it seemed to take forever all the relevant bolt's were used.

I then took out all the bolts and applied some glue to the wood :shrug: then bolted the batten back on using a penny washer so the head of the bolt does not pull into the treated wood, with a plain then lock washer sat on the bolt although awkward the nut was screwed on remembering i have the tube for the canopy in the way and arthritic hand's :thud: , but it's the top one done so time for some tucker and a large mug of coffee :wink: .

It had warmed up a lot and black cloud's were on there way so i cracked on as best as i could but the bottom rail was a lot easier in much the same way with the batten glued and clamped in place it was just a matter of drilling fresh holes and reversing what i had done above :woohoo: it's done.

I am now very tired, very uncomfortable and wet through with sweat, however if i so choose tomorrow i can fit the insulation but then it is now throwing it down with rain so we will see.

Sorry for no pictures but it was dark when my lass got home and she is away at the weekend unless Marty comes over and put's them up for me. Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:54 pm

Well done, Brad. :cheers:
To infirmary and beyond!
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:49 pm

I am on the roll again chap's :nana: , after a sort of rest from trying to act like a normal person i have just been pondering my thought's, Nah! i just could not help myself but at least while pondering :stars: a thought crossed my mind just how to make it easier, that of course is the job's i would like to achieve over this weekend :whistle: .

The frame work for the off-side rear panel is now glued-screwed or just bolted in place ready for the insulation to be cut and fitted, that's of course if i have enough with it being free :shrug: but i should be ok :wink: .

I didn't realize how time had flown and how cold it had got while i was just enjoying my progress although slow it's medicine to me, along with a bit of Janis Ian and more Barclay James Harvest i am really in my element :woohoo:, i ask you what could be better.

I almost forgot what woke me first thing apart from my hound wanting her breakfast, six large pallet's, some very long length's of timber and a very large roll of felt, all free :gold: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat:
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:19 pm

Yes it has been a few day's since my last report but i have had to slow down a bit :laugh: , yes it sound's strange because i am already slow but it is either sit and tinker or just lay what i will be using in an order ready for when i am a tad better :shrug: .

Having glued the insulation in place which is only thin layer's, it was only after doing this i realized it was not solvent friendly :thud: , i am allergic to the smell of some fresh paint's and definitely glue of any kind so along with other issue's i found myself struggling, not that it is anything new but sometimes it can be a real pain.

Anyway less of the winging but as you might have gathered i do like to achieve at least one job a day :wink: , i had been given a camping Gaz hob which to be honest had a better grill set up for my toast than the previous one i had fettled for HEC.

I at least manged to cut and glue three vertical lat's that sat between the horizontal lat's which helped the insulation stay in place while the glue dried, there was nothing i could really do in the back body now which in my mind was a good excuse to sit and tinker with this new to me hob.

The one repair i carried out was a very fiddly job so it meant i had to sit anyway along with having my reading glasses on the job was soon done, it is now down to cleaning and give the lid a rub down and some paint with a bit of rust proofing on the base the hob is sat on.

Hopefully some pictures will follow soon. Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:00 pm

Sorry about the lack of pictures guy's, from what my lass told me tonight the pictures taken by my lasses brother on his phone were just to small for Robin to do anything with, my lass has said at the weekend she will oblige with her pad thing.

In the back body on the drivers side once i have fitted the panel in place and secured it i will attempt to build a full length storage cupboard with sliding door's, having been given more marine ply but a tad thinner it might make my job easier and not be so bulky :laugh: .

One reason i tend to go over the top regard's strength of what i am building is the fact i do a lot o falling about :wink: , i can't fall out of bed in any of my truck's and if i do happen to miss judge anything i only end up with bruises and break nothing in or on my truck apart from my pride with a few choice word's.

I know i won't get the interior finished just yet but the time is coming where i need to make my annual journey to Essex which mean's i need an MOT :thud: , i really need to work faster :whistle: but that's just on the brake checking side of thing's having covered very little mileage since the last MOT.

Maybe miracles can happen :cactus: . Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
RMS

Post by RMS » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Here you go - small photos :tiphat:

1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:09 pm

:cheers: Robin, what a way to start my day :woohoo: , as you might have guessed i can just manage what i do on computers, anymore and it is beyond me :shrug: , know matter how hard i try confusion get's the better of me :stars: .

I guess you get the idea of what i have been trying to describe, the fact i can put up camp in a couple of minutes for a brew some tucker and then sleep is all that matter's.

I have awning's off caravan's that will be used to make a very mini awning just to enclose the tailgate that makes my bed, the fact i have not come across any of the rail that bolt's to the truck which you thread the awning through :whistle: , but all in good time :wink: .

As the saying goes, simple thing's please simple mind's :whistle: but today i am a very happy chap :embarassed: , i have to crack on now as HEC await's.

romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:09 pm

Having calmed down from the excitement of this morning it ended up being a real steady day, the glue had gone off that hold's the isolation to the side that was three layers deep, this meant the vertical lat's could now be squared up for when i screw the marine ply in permanent.

To be honest i was not getting on well at all before realizing i was working wrong handed if that makes sense, with this in mind i got on a lot better with the vertical lat's now square and also giving me a level surface to work with for when i screw the marine ply to the lat's.

Tomorrow i will have to move the truck so i can unbolt the seat belt which bolt's through the marine ply, this is the fiddly part :whistle: all because i have a dog guard fixed permanently, i have learnt my lesson in the past after some heavy braking and large part's coming to join me in the cab :laugh:.

Having sprayed my new to me camping gaz hob {with a mask} i can't say it has come out as well as the first one i did which is a bit of a devil, i guess i won't notice it after doing my toast or letting something boil over a few times :wink: but i still have the lid to do and put it back together.

Another happy day over. Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:26 pm

G'day Chap's, i must say it feel's like i have not been on here for what seem's like a very long time :shrug: , but i am unfortunately laid up again but this time with little choice :banghead: .

Normally if i just rest with just thought's of what i would like to achieve situation's get a tad better, not this time :banghead: and just how i am going check the brakes :shrug: '' because of not being used for a good while'' along with fitting my free wheel hub's and the swivel pin's with the grease nipples fitted :shrug: .

The latter few thing's are just me and my brain sort of getting back into gear :whistle: , at least i am able to get out of bed :laugh: and tomorrow maybe think about an MOT having not driven HEC since it passed it's last MOT with what i classed as a terrible ride home with the steering :aaagh: .

I really am thinking about selling a truck to fund a garage, i can then work at my leisure and not suffer due to not feeling the cold till it is to late :shakehead: , although this has it's benefit's with having little feeling in my hand's or feet, when i drop something on my toes or trap my fingers etc the cold to me is a crippler but i will be back :cactus: .