Our dormy got hit and run and now the fibreglass is leaking

Please post your photos and descriptions of your Carawagon, Dormobile or Camper here.
moogling

Our dormy got hit and run and now the fibreglass is leaking

Post by moogling » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:36 am

Our dormy was victim to a hit and run yesterday but luckily we had witnesses that got the numberplate.

Been going over it this morning and the majority ofnthe damage is the front passengerside wing and wheel.

However overnight it's become apparent that the fibreglass roof is now leaking and it certainly didn't before.
The passenger windscreen also has a small crack in it.
In thr process of the accident the whole vehicle was pushed up onto the kurb and backwards 6ft into our ninety.
Can anyone advise what we should get checked out other than the obvious as I'm sure it must put some serious stress across the whole vehicle for there to be bodywork issues high up.

I'll post images later. It's not terrible but it's a little hard to look at right now!
RMS

Re: Our dormy got hit and run and now the fibreglass is leaking

Post by RMS » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:16 pm

That's really sad - hopefully investigations by police and insurance will bear fruit.

However, and I'm sure you don't want to hear this, if it was hit that hard on a corner, it is possible that the chassis could have been twisted, which could affect the geometry of all of the bodywork :aaagh:

Do your doors open and close ok?

Can you work out where the roof is leaking from?
If things have been twisted/moved, it could have compromised the seal between the roof and the sides/screen, under the gutter.

Good luck with it :tiphat:

Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
RobW

Post by RobW » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:06 pm

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the screen is just a jolt rather than major damage.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:02 pm

G'day matey, I alone am lost for word's and can understand to a degree what you must be feeling, that in it's self is why when I got the chance to move I did apart from helping my late father out.

I will keep my finger's crossed and hope everything is ok, where I used to live a similar thing happen to one of my truck's but I was lucky even though I spent a couple of day's measuring with a good friend to make sure.

Either way it is not a nice feeling but you are in my thought's not that it help's much. Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .