Brush Bar

Any other discussions not to do with Classic Campers.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Brush Bar

Post by romanyrose » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:54 pm

G'day chaps, although i have not been reporting my progress of late it's not because of no work being done it's more like i thought i was just waffling on to much and maybe getting on peoples nerves :whistle: .

Although work is never finished on one's hobbies one of the final touches for my canopy is a awning rail that fit the shape of the rear of my truck there fore taking some weight off the front section which i have done many years ago on my ambulance camper.

At the time of making my first one i acquired an old caravan awning which was a tad on the heavy side and went from there and i am now inundated with awnings but that's not what i wanted to share with you all :stars: .

Today i have done a deal with a series two club member and after over 20 years of searching i now own a brush bar for my ambulance camper :nana: , i guess some might think that is nothing to celebrate about but while doing the wiring on my ambulance that had a burnt out dash i took the brush bar off to make my life a bit easier and it was then my lass called me in for tea so not thinking i moved my tools but not the brush bar.

Well you guessed :thud: it was know where to be seen after someone had borrowed it on a permanent basis :aaagh: i was devastated and have been searching and even asking someone to make one up for me until today when the member rolled up for a trinket i spotted the bar and a deal was done and my Air Force ambulance camper is i feel complete again.

My thanks go to this member and my search is now at an end. Catch you later. R-Rose :cheers: :woohoo:
RMS

Re: Brush Bar

Post by RMS » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:10 am

I thought you'd gone a bit quiet Brad.

Don't worry about waffling - we all love to hear how you are getting on with your projects, so please post as much as you want :cheers:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:05 pm

G'day Robin, thanks it's nice to know and i can continue with my reference achievements {what i have or going to try and do with my complexed brain :embarassed: } as it did help a great deal.

Anyway HEC is at the stage of the camping side of things but i am still tinkering with my old electric board workshop trailer i purchased from a member of the series two club a while back that i will use behind the 88 but it is basically for behind my wrecker.

Although my wrecker is a long project with HEC on the final run so to speak but as you know i am slow and enjoy every moment of tinkering {i call it my learning curve the second time around} my 109 is beckoning me but which one as i will be dropping a diesel in one of them but that's another story :whistle: .

Anyway i am waffling again having just got out of bed which seems to be the norm these days if i get carried away with my tinkering and that includes mentally :shrug: but HEY! not everyone is perfect :laugh: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi Brad

Great news on the brush bar.

I'd love one for mine though it wasn't fitted with one originally as far as I know.

I have a towel rail, bull bar if you fancy one for another motor.,

Hope to see you soon. old chap.

TTFN
To infirmary and beyond!
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:23 pm

G'day Matt, i was hoping to get that sixties style side awning fitted for leafers which of course would not be a straight forward fitting because as you know i do things my way so it is functional for me :whistle: .

I would like a pair of roof bars so i can fix the roof box which i bought from Robin so that of course will effect the fitting of that side awning so like i said nothing i do is straight forward but it keeps the old brain box ticking over that sometimes gets a tad over heated :stars: .

Till we meet again. R-Rose :tiphat:
w3526602
Info: (That's my old RAF number)

Post by w3526602 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:46 pm

Hi Brad,

OK, I'm ignorant ... what's a brush bar?

If it's something domestic, don't bother telling me.

romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:16 am

G'day John, i guess a simple way of putting it is it's a military Bull that bolts to the front bumper so it can go through gates on a runway without opening them.

My old gal when in service was on a trickle charge along with an engine heater so when needed the leads doing there job were released when you drove away flat out with no choke needed and fully charged battery.

Of course it was not the just the engine to keep warm but the heaters in the back body kept the poorly people warm as well if they survived the crash that is :whistle:

I will get my lass to put up a picture when she can. Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat:
w3526602
Info: (That's my old RAF number)

Post by w3526602 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:52 am

Hi Brad,

Ah ... a vegetarian roo bar.

One of our RAF firemen got an award for a staff suggestion. He invented a device for ejecting the umbilical cord when the driver released the hand-brake. When you get a "shout" from the Blue Streak atomic warhead storage compound, pulling an electric hook-up is not at the front of your mind.

We got a shout the week I was on fire piquet. Phone rang at 5AM, everybody in bed asleep. We went through the compound gates four and a half minutes later ... one and a half miles from my bed. The duty officer thought a fire practice would be a good idea. B******!

The thermostat on one of our convoy fire trucks threw a wobbly. The water tank had an immersion heater to prevent it freezing. The driver went to get his truck, found he had 100 gallons of boiling water.