The Arch
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (291.84 KiB) Viewed 6435 times
gossamer

Re: HEC updates

Post by gossamer » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:55 pm

Brilliant, Jaynie, well done you two.

I trust it's just the photos upside down and not that Brad has rolled the truck after all his hard work.

:tiphat:
To infirmary and beyond!
Ian
Info: 1962 Dormobile "Zuma"

Post by Ian » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:57 pm

Brad, what is the chain for that is attached to something above the rear view mirror?

Ian
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:59 pm

I hope you don't mind me taking liberties with your exposure, Jaynie.
To infirmary and beyond!
RMS

Post by RMS » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:48 pm

Ian wrote:Brad, what is the chain for that is attached to something above the rear view mirror?

Ian
Ah, that'll be Brad's pull chain for his horn, truck style :cheers:

He's got it fastened to a brake switch, if I remember correctly.

Either that or it will flush something when he pulls it :laugh:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:37 pm

G'day chap's, they say a picture paint's a thousand words so tonight i don't have much to say other that i am sort of happy with the home made head lining and wooden supports that not only cost very little but one get's so much satisfaction and sense of achievement even though it is a bit on the rustic side.

I think i have said before if i built a nice shiny motor with everything top notch i would be worried about using it due to being a bit accident prone or just plain clumsy so going for the rustic look it either turns out good or fair but as long as i am happy and can tinker that's all that matters.

My ambulance camper was a purler having spent a lot of time rubbing her down prior to painting and all that goes with the preparation i then took the wheels off and pushed her into the spray booth on her drums and gave her a good blow over with twin pack.

I got her back home and worked on her till 10-30 at night due to us setting out early to go to Billing when it was a good show a good few years ago now only to get some plonker lean over the wing and put a deep groove in the paintwork :shakehead: so since then either a roller or a good brush is what my trucks get :laugh: but then nine times out of ten it turns out ok anyway :whistle: . Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
RMS

Post by RMS » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:55 pm

romanyrose wrote: .
I got her back home and worked on her till 10-30 at night due to us setting out early to go to Billing when it was a good show a good few years ago now only to get some plonker lean over the wing and put a deep groove in the paintwork :shakehead: so since then either a roller or a good brush is what my trucks get :laugh: but then nine times out of ten it turns out ok anyway :whistle: . Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
One of the first shows I took my Carawagon to after respraying, I spotted a guy putting his mug down on the wing :rant:

I'm not particularly precious about my vehicles, and I know it's a handy tea tray, but he wasn't anything to do with our group - he was a friend of someone else (not a classic camper) who'd made him the tea.

I soon suggested he remove it!

I'm sure he wouldn't have put his mug down on any of the other classic cars at the show :shakehead:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:17 am

G'day chap's, well i sorted the way of not pulling the canopy all the way out on HEC my 88 using a length of light weight chain that my lass uses in her garden for hanging baskets :whistle: , i also told her about my idea and she promptly came up with four nice small but strong clips so two of those will be used.

I spent a good few hours looking in my electrical boxes for a type of ring i could fit to the the back body of HEC but also something along the same lines for the rear of the canopy :shrug: , hours went by but i could not for the life of me find two of anything the same :banghead: i then realized i don't want two the same :stars: .

Time for some :eatin: and a brew while the old brain box took a back seat while i concentrated on some tucker then the thought of burning day light came to mind so leaving the washing up to soak away till later and my battery now charged i cracked on.

Although the chain is small it's also galvanized and when i got the length needed joined together i tried breaking it :aaagh: it's stronger than i thought and to be honest is only a guide to stop one pulling the canopy all the way out in the dark :whistle: .

I have a ring fastened to the back T part of the canopy and a ring where the center pole enters the back body so one now clips the small sprung loaded R clips to each ring then pull out the canopy till the chain stops you going any further and it works a treat :nana: , time to pack away not realizing when the canopy is pushed in the two rings that the chain fastens to i was able to put a small lock through the rings to stop it pulling out when traveling which i didn't think about until i packed away :woohoo: .

I know it's nothing great but to me it has been a fruitful day and a few issue's solved but with my lass not here till Sunday so i am afraid my waffling will have to do till the pictures help people understand what i am trying to say :cactus:

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:52 pm

Brads had a tinker with the back end now and has made three different restrictions for the canopy.
Hope these pictures are now the right way around if not a job for you robin. :shrug:
The arch is still standing
Catch you all later
Jaynie
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (270.89 KiB) Viewed 6417 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (186.89 KiB) Viewed 6417 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (213.67 KiB) Viewed 6417 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (286.96 KiB) Viewed 6417 times
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:57 pm

Just quickly thanks robin for sorting out all my upside down picture but I do live in a topsy turvey world with brad and his projects. Thanks again you are a gem.
Jaynie :wine: