Blower issue's

Workshop and Technical tips & tricks.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Blower issue's

Post by romanyrose » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:41 pm

G'day chap's, after thinking i was almost there although when operating the heater{series Three} while stood outside everything seemed quite but when in the cab the vibration noise was a lot more than i could put up with :shakehead: and because i had doubled up the matrix with a hotter thermostat fitted i put the noise down to things being in a slightly different place like nearer the wing top or side :shrug: .
This was the reason for taking the wing side off to see what was either to close or maybe just loose but also had an idea the bearings or rust that had settled on the metal fan had unbalanced things what with not been used for a good while :shrug: it was also then i sorted a second hand one out but dropped it when my back let me know i should not have delved deep into my trinkets in the electrical shed having just got back on my feet after the last clunk in my lower back :aaagh: the sweat rolled from my forehead with language that is not in the English dictionary :whistle: and that's how i smashed my heater blower.
Now the question is i need a puller of some sort to pull the metal fan i have off a spindal without damaging anything so if that can be done i think i can make up a motor out of what i have and just need a fan i then will be sorted.

The is another option if anyone is willing to help and that's just purchase a fan for me from somewhere like Paddocks and get it delivered to my door and i will send off a cheque to you to cover the cost which is a lot to ask i know but just doing what i do on the computer like the above is about my limit on tech stuff due to not really understanding modern ways of buying items other than cash or a cheque :shrug: i am also a tad deaf so don't always get there meanings when talking :embarassed: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
gossamer

Re: Blower issue's

Post by gossamer » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:04 pm

Hi Brad

I had a quick squint at paddocks and saw a heater motor available but not a fan.
To infirmary and beyond!
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:10 pm

G'day Matt, thanks for looking matey but i only said Paddocks because it was the first place that entered my head but i normally pick doofers up {do for another day} when scouting around at jumbles etc but just lately i don't go far so i am in the process of going through the seized ones or ones that are unbalanced or broke.

Yes this is the slow way of going on and i managed to make one up that worked a treat and then i dropped it which is getting a bit of a problem these days but i have only myself to blame when traveling to the dragon rally for one hanging off my ape hangers frozen stiff just for a badge :shrug:

I guess i didn't have much upstairs in those days and road hundreds of miles just to make a point that my Matchless was capable of going anywhere and not just a show piece Chop :wink: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:38 pm

G'day chaps, although on a temporary basis i have made up a blower out of several units and now have a doubled up series three matrix with a blower that is mounted on rubber so a good separate earth strap was made :wink: but it still worked intermittently so i chopped a couple of inches back from the bullets and found over time the wires had become weak heat build up due to bad contact meant demise of the wire :shakehead: .

Out came my electrical equipment and soldering commenced new wire and shrink sleeve along with some nice brass bullets soldered and she works like a dream but i am still on the look out for the said item although having cleaned the commutator up all the sets of brushes are well worn and i have know idea who sells them these days :shrug: .

With everything working tomorrows job is to put the outer wing back on and clean up the paintwork a tad on both sides because of having to take them off to cure little problems that turned into bigger ones she might be ready to rockNroll although my wireless has given up i guess i will have to fit one of those modern ones DIGITAL i think is what they are called :whistle: because my taste in music is the sixties come seventies.

I must say i am looking forward to tomorrow when hopefully i can crack on with some thing that is to do with the camping side of things which is what she will be used for as well as hauling my trailers. Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: