Patience i have but

Workshop and Technical tips & tricks.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Re: Patience i have but

Post by romanyrose » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:24 pm

Well chaps, i must admit that is not a good picture to see what has been achieved but the wires in conduit have since had shrink sleeve fitted to hold the wires inside the conduit tight and tidy but will be clipped at a later date when my 2 piece valance of the safari roof above the windscreen has had a bit of a tidy up.

Like i have mentioned before the valance will be held in place by using riv-nuts and bolts instead of self tappers and if i have any of the material left or i can find it after the cutting and shaping of the two parts of valance a good few coats of paint who knows i might have stumbled across it without looking :laugh: .

I have a vision and i am getting there sooner rather than later now :embarassed: but it's great fun for me anyway although i am not so sure about the people that read it though :wink: .

Catch you later. The waffling R-Rose :tiphat:
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:13 pm

Well chap's, it has been a few days since i posted on this thread but it's not because of my work on the canopy in fact when it got dark or just throwing it down i would be cutting and filing the two parts of the front valance above the windscreen the old fashion way of small guillotine held in my vice along with files of many types shapes and sizes.
I have now taken the pull switch [series 2 choke switch] off basically because the return spring that's plenty strong enough for choke is not for my horn pull and in my box of springs i found myself a nice stainless one that will do the job nicely and not look out of place in my eye's anyway :whistle: .
Heavy rain put a stop to any fitting of two more stainless spacers that stabilize the top of the mounting bracket for my work light but the riv-nuts are fixed in the flat part of the back of the safari roof already so when the work light is fitted it won't flex which might cause it to snap of in time :shrug: .
While having a brew my thoughts turned to my bed which is a water proof mattress that is held by straps partly down the sides and round the rear bulkhead which is what i used many years ago in AAC my other 88 camper but with the rear bulkhead cut away and i only had to move the cubby box to the passenger seat and without getting out of the truck i laid the mattress down along with the dose bag and i would be gone.
I hope the rain stops a bit tomorrow so i cab just finalize the horn pull and chain as per american trucks not a loo chain :laugh: then all the wiring will be done :shakehead: but having said that the cooker and storage cupboards will be going in but that will be while i am using the old gal and of course i have other trinkets to fit in here which include a gas kit :woohoo: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat:
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:22 pm

Hello everyone Brad has again asked me to post these pictures for him, Sorry if they are upside down. Catch you later Jaynie.
Attachments
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG (220.33 KiB) Viewed 3752 times
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0209.JPG (237.13 KiB) Viewed 3752 times
IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0207.JPG (198 KiB) Viewed 3752 times
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:35 pm

G'day chaps, as can be seen i have just got the valance to do above the windscreen and the job is done so thanks for watching and reading folks it has been a journey i have enjoyed doing but as with all my trucks tinkering never stops :laugh: .

Robin thanks for allowing to express myself it has helped me through the stages of my wiring using what i chose rather than doing in a normal fashion :whistle:

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .