Newark Vintage Tractor & Heritage Show, 8-9 Nov 2014

Please post any events or shows here.
WhiteKnight
Info: Wagons, ho!

Re: Newark Vintage Tractor & Heritage Show, 8-9 Nov 2014

Post by WhiteKnight » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:30 am

Yo my man Brad!

Great to hear from you.
Have missed your dulcet tones and ambient sense of humour, and your bear hugs, natch :stars:

It would have been great to see you there.
In fact, there was talk of you arriving and then, as if by magic, an electric scooter arrived behind Patrick's carawagon.
Unsure of whose it was, the betting was yours, as it had a trailer hitched on the back.
Thought you'd come to buy some goodies at the sort-out.

So much so, that Patrick placed an item on the trailer as a gift for you.
Then I inspected the seat of the scooter, and noted its small dimensions, and it was felt that your man-bum wouldn't have made it into said gap.

Turns out it was a lady who had hurt her back and parked up as she knew us.
Can you guess who she was?
Her husband is very slim and tall, with long hair, and she is small and perfectly formed.
They have minis with trailers too (now it's too easy!) :wink:

If you guess both people's names you win a tin of rice pudding. :woohoo:

Hope to see you next time.

Cheers my darling. :wine:

Steve
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:23 pm

G'day Steve, i must say i am stuck trying to describe the warmth of your friendship and others when i enter your camp and am always welcomed and yes this i guess is when the so called hugs come in very much like the Hippy days of the sixties where things are calm stories being told round a camp fire i ask you what could be better.

Watching the sky the stars using your what ever it was that told you where those planes were heading for or coming back from added to the silence we could have if i stopped talking just listening to the crackle of the burning logs while sampling a :wine: or just a brew yes my friend you have been missed and i hope you are well.

Not wishing my life away but i am looking forward to next year when hopefully we can share more of what i have mentioned with like minded people who are happy just to sit round a fire pit where each others company is enough to make the day and night a good one to remember.

While typing this my mind is completely at ease and content and that is only down to you guys that know who you are that get a hug and a firm hand shake when ever we meet.

Catch you later my friend but hopefully sooner than later. R-Rose :wine: :cactus: :wine:

PS i know who you mean and can picture his wife :wink: :whistle: . but his name well i can't remember everything
RMS

Post by RMS » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:18 pm

A bit of lateral thinking here guys - checked the program listings to find that the Morris Mini Pick-Up & Trailer, and the Austin Mini Van & Trailer were displayed by Ian Burrows :gold:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:55 pm

G'day Robin, thank you for that it haunted me all day and if you are ever told you have to many trucks :whistle: his yard is full of BL cars and vans of all shapes and sizes he also owns a forward control to top the lot :laugh: .

Catch you later. Brad :tiphat: .
RMS

Post by RMS » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Warm and dry, wet and windy, we had the lot this weekend!

All that was missing was snow :stars:

The show was poorly attended by day visitors and exhibitors were down on numbers as well (should have been 30+ Land Rovers - only 15 turned up :thud: ), and fewer traders there compared to previous years.

Of course, the weather probably had a lot to do with that - some outside traders just gave up as their stands were blown around and their goods getting soaked.

However, we all enjoyed the weekend - the evenings were dry and the firepit stoked up, and there were enough traders to tempt us with their wares so we all came home with things we needed, and some we probably didn't :whistle:
I refrained from making an offer on a tractor with hydraulics and lifting gear - I did think it would be useful for lifting engines and even whole Land Rovers, but I saw sense in the end and left it there :shrug:

Plenty of tractors and other farming stuff to look at - of course, a bit of rain wouldn't bother our hardy farmer types!

We had 4 Carawagons and Gordon's SWB in our 'encampment', with Phillip joining us on Saturday with his Station Wagon.
Oh, and for the first time, the 'no caravan' rule on the LR stand was enforced by the stewards, with a couple being asked to move off!

Thanks to all that made it there - I'm hoping the show picks up again next year - it has been one of our favourites over the last few years.

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:10 pm

G'day Robin and you other chums, firstly it was good to see you Robin if only for a quick brew and drop my roof box off as i thought i would be seeing you on Sunday but it seems if someone does not drag me away from tinkering with HEC my desire to give it a rest does not seem to happen.

I have tried working faster but soon slow down to my enjoyable speed which is probably why i loose things then spend the rest of the day looking for them if i remember what i am looking for that is :laugh: .

Making that for me anyway rash decision to sell one of my ambulances has kind off messed me up a bit with my train of thoughts and is really going against the grain so to speak but what will be will be i guess.

Janie has a few cheques to sort for me and yours will be among them so until the next time you take care my friend.

Brad :tiphat: