Wanted: Dormobile roof rack

Please post items for sale or wanted here. Land Rover or items specific to camping only.
RobW

Re: Wanted: Dormobile roof rack

Post by RobW » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:42 am

I've walked around on the full length rack on my 88". It does flex slightly, but seems OK (I'm marginally over 100kg). I also stand on the roof occasionally & that's not bent (yet).
mistericeman

Post by mistericeman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:14 pm

A full length 'Foley' will carry quite a bit of weight distributed evenly.....
Loaded Roof bag/80 litres of fuel/water/spare wheel AND a bunch of slightly tipsy leafer mad friends.... (on VERY private land though)

:aaagh:
AntMan232

Post by AntMan232 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:32 am

I know a chap who was part of a climbing club at university, that ran on a trip he missed. They were on the way back in the minibus with a full length roof rack, when they decided it would be good fun to all get on top and tie on for a bit. The one chap driving thought it would be really funny to brake suddenly, and watched in horror as the roof rack, with minibus load of climbers tied onto it, landed on the road in front of him... :aaagh:

Ant
1965 Series 2A Dormobile
pomfritz

Post by pomfritz » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:25 pm

jerryd wrote:No problems at all with vision Rob, in fact I find the front uprights of the frame really useful when off roading as I know exactly where the corners are when tackling tricky terrain and vision is blocked by the spare wheel.
This roof rack is very special. But I think it's not available any more, or is it? I would like it.

Stefan
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Post by Jabbawocky » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:10 am

Hi Stefan

No Problem to make a copy of that rack, if you want one? Just could do with a few more photos and a few dimensions would make life easier, but not essential.

Let me know.

Cheers Mick
pomfritz

Post by pomfritz » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:41 am

Hi Mick,
my roof rack and roof tent is now as in the picture. So I`m thinking if any change would make sense. But this huge brownchurche expedition roof rack is really exiting. I will let you know if I`m going to change my roof rack. But if I change then this brownchurche expitition one. But at first I will order a wardrobe from you :wine:

Stefan
Attachments
IMG_1191.jpg
IMG_1191.jpg (49.59 KiB) Viewed 5897 times