Sandy says hello.

Welcome & new forum members - Please introduce yourself & your motor here.
Travelrover
Info: Dont follow the path, make your own.

Sandy says hello.

Post by Travelrover » Thu May 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Just joined, was looking for a Land Rover club that covered land Rovers and motor homes, I think this is probably the closest I will get.
I have converted my 110 hard top (Sandy) into a 130 motor home. Ostensibly to facilitate long distance travel over any terrain. Having driven to Cape Town from UK with the usual roof tent arrangement, which is fine for good climates but I wanted something with a few facility's, a little more secure and usable anywhere. Its hard to put a tent up in the middle of a city and expect it to be left alone. So the motor home was born.
Photos of the build, for those with a few hours to spare and nothing better to do. http://picasaweb.google.com/sutcliffero ... ndysRefurb#

Regards and look forward to meeting some of you at events.

Bob
Attachments
final (2).jpg
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Re: Sandy says hello.

Post by Jabbawocky » Thu May 29, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi Bob

Welcome to the forum. Looks a very useful vehicle and great to hear you are going to use her. Great pictures and a lot of work has gone into her rebuild. Have you used her much yet?

Won't be long before M reg 300tdi's are veiws are Classic Land Rovers.

Mick
Travelrover

Post by Travelrover » Fri May 30, 2014 12:01 am

Lots of work, too much to think about listing, and its still going on. Whatever hits, be it hot or cold Sandy is kitted out to cope. The intention behind the build was to drive to Aus, but life events overtook us and that has now been rescinded to the back burner for now.
Norway is on the radar, as is the west coast of Africa. But time will tell. Time will tell.
jerryd
Info: "the pom down under"

Post by jerryd » Fri May 30, 2014 11:27 am

Welcome to the forum, what a superb vehicle you've created :cheers: If you make it over here to oz there are plenty of like minded owners who will gladly show their hospitality, if it's just to chat, let you camp in the paddock :eatin: or help out in a sticky situation with breakdowns and spares :cactus:
Travelrover

Post by Travelrover » Fri May 30, 2014 2:54 pm

Thanks, it has been aong dream to make it to Auz. If I do it will be for 3 years to do the full round tour. But stil a few bits to do or change. It's a bit like painting the forth bridge. Will it ever be done? But a line has tobe drawn in the sand otherwise it will turn into a 6 wheeler.
DrivingDutchman

Post by DrivingDutchman » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Welcome... Looks great....

Michiel
1969 109 sw dormobile Dora
1996 overland defender sw 110 Nellie
1962 109 sw safari diesel Hannie (sold)
1973 88 series 3 soft top in various bits on the drive...