Newbie from sutherland

Welcome & new forum members - Please introduce yourself & your motor here.
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Re: Newbie from sutherland

Post by Jabbawocky » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:10 am

HI Gordy
There used to be a guy worked in one of the 4x4 places in Inverness who had a dormobile.
I think that Dormobile belonged to Gordie's (from Cannich) cousin? It was sent for scrap in a Inverness scrapyard and he saved it. This must have been 2003 ish?

There used to be another guy in Inverness who had 3 Dormobile and loads of bits. I bought all the bits off him for my FC camper conversion, but never met him as Gordie collected them for me as he works in Inverness and took them to his house in Cannich. this must have been 2005ish. I could have been told the story about the Dormobile when I came up to collect all the bits?

Gordie used to be the Area Organiser for Scotland, but not heard from him for quite a while.

Not be to your area for a while either. My ex in-laws live in Rogart, so used to come quite often. Last time, I came up in my 1970 88" with a 1970 Sprite caravan. I went home via John o Groats and Durness. Great camping and great beaches at Durness.

Need to get back up there soon..

Cheers Mick
Rangie

Post by Rangie » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:11 am

I spy the bones of a far-north meeting....... :cheers:

Alec.
1972 109 Rover 11 Marshall Ambulance (Camper conversion)
1972 109 LD28 (Quick-change camper and Bothying vehicle!)
1988 RRC 4JB1T (Daily Driver)

Pressure Stove and Lamp fanatic also.
gorbachev

Post by gorbachev » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:26 pm

I do mate, went to School in Fortrose so know folk from whole Black Isle. JV not that far from us, family house off the road from Tore to Conon Bridge, no doubt you have passed by! Might run the 88" up your way later in Summer or the Dormi depending on time, promised the old man a blokes only trip.,
I have a cousin in Fortrose Dan. I'd love a look at the wee '88,or the Dormi. Being a rasberry I don't get out much, so feel free for a visit! I have a bit of ground so I can accomadate campers if nessesary. Can you weld Birmabright? :mrgreen:

Gordy
gorbachev

Post by gorbachev » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:48 pm

Jabbawocky wrote:HI Gordy
There used to be a guy worked in one of the 4x4 places in Inverness who had a dormobile.
I think that Dormobile belonged to Gordie's (from Cannich) cousin? It was sent for scrap in a Inverness scrapyard and he saved it. This must have been 2003 ish?

That would be about the right time Mick, I think I know the boy you mean, did he live way up the glen above Cannich?
I agree Durness is stunning beaches would knock your sox off. I'd love a crack at the salt water fly-fishin' up there, sea trout are stunning! I can't offer the same scenery, (it's not that bad either), or the fishin', or the peace (I have children such a state doesn't exist) but feel free to drop in. I'm about 600 feet above Bonar Bridge. My place looks over the Kyle of Sutherland (although you can't see the water!) towards The Struie. Can you weld Birmabright?
:mrgreen:

Gordy