And Another..........

jerryd
Info: "the pom down under"

And Another..........

Post by jerryd » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:34 pm

........one has surfaced here in Australia. Looks to need quite a bit of work though and it's top $$ I think. I'd be tempted at $3k :whistle: I've got 6 acres to hide it in :wink:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LAND-ROVER-S ... 20cfeeb4f0
RMS

Re: And Another..........

Post by RMS » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Go on, you can never have too many :wink:

Just a thousand miles + to trailer it :whistle:
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
jerryd

Post by jerryd » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:30 pm

RMS wrote:Go on, you can never have too many :wink:

Just a thousand miles + to trailer it :whistle:

I'd like it as a kit of parts to convert an "Isuzu Powered County" :whistle: Then just as one is dreaming of such a beast another turns up at the next bus stop :cactus:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kingston ... 1015494116

It would seem current owners of rusty old dormobiles think they are worth lots of $$$$$ and have decided to part with them, it makes one wonder just how many are tucked away in old sheds :stars:

I've emailed the owner and requested more info and pics
jerryd

Post by jerryd » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:07 pm

A few pics I received of the "Tasmanian Dormobile" No description came with them :shrug:
Attachments
IMG_1433.jpg
IMG_1434.jpg
Picture_121.jpg
Picture_121.jpg (18.59 KiB) Viewed 8776 times
67dormobile
Info: 67 2a Dormobile

Post by 67dormobile » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Hi Jerryd - I bought that ebay one on the Mornington Peninsula - God help me I've now got to go and get it! I'm at Annerley in Brisbane.

We must catch up when it's here - I love these things and have been after one for ages - I went and checked out the one in Northern NSW but it was awful. Hopefully this one is ok but I didn't see it before buying it so it's a bit of a punt.

Yours looks in good nick - sorry to hear about the gearbox problems.

Talk to you soon.

Regards
Gary
RMS

Post by RMS » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:56 am

Hi Gary,

Thanks for joining the forum, and for rescuing another Dormobile.

We seem to have quite a few members in Australia now - looks like I might need to go for a couple of months next time and 'do' the East coast again to come and see some of you :whistle:
I fancy another chill-out week or two in a tree house at Byron Bay!

As you'll see on here, there are lots of folk who got their Camper in poor condition, but have made fantastic vehicles after all the hard work.

Hopefully you'll be able to post pictures when you get it home, and keep us up to date with progress :tiphat:
It might be an idea to start a new thread in 'Member's motors' so it doesn't get mixed up in other threads :cheers:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
jerryd

Post by jerryd » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:23 pm

67dormobile wrote:Hi Jerryd - I bought that ebay one on the Mornington Peninsula - God help me I've now got to go and get it! I'm at Annerley in Brisbane.

We must catch up when it's here - I love these things and have been after one for ages - I went and checked out the one in Northern NSW but it was awful. Hopefully this one is ok but I didn't see it before buying it so it's a bit of a punt.

Talk to you soon.

Regards
Gary

Hi Gary,

We've been wondering who put in a bid on it and where it would end up, glad to see it will be put back to use although it looks like you will have a job on your hands :stars:
I have a few bits that might help you out, somebody else was after them but he seems to have disappeared :shrug:

We stayed at Annerley when we first arrived in Australia in 2004, it was two days before xmas and we had left -2 degrees in the uk to arrive to 42 degrees in Australia :aaagh: But that's another story.

We've got a spare wing on our house Robin so B+B is always available, no charge of course :tiphat:
67dormobile

Post by 67dormobile » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:31 pm

RMS wrote:Hi Gary,

Thanks for joining the forum, and for rescuing another Dormobile.

We seem to have quite a few members in Australia now - looks like I might need to go for a couple of months next time and 'do' the East coast again to come and see some of you :whistle:
I fancy another chill-out week or two in a tree house at Byron Bay!

As you'll see on here, there are lots of folk who got their Camper in poor condition, but have made fantastic vehicles after all the hard work.

Hopefully you'll be able to post pictures when you get it home, and keep us up to date with progress :tiphat:
It might be an idea to start a
Cheers,new thread in 'Member's motors' so it doesn't get mixed up in other threads :cheers:

Robin.
Thanks Robin - do come by when you're here next - I've got Morrises and VW's and Landrovers and a mk v11 Jag and Aussie muscle cars and a Saab - so you won't get bored!

I'll put the pictures up in the Member's Motors area when I get back - this trip will kill me.

Regards

Gary
67dormobile

Post by 67dormobile » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:41 pm

jerryd wrote:
67dormobile wrote:Hi Jerryd - I bought that ebay one on the Mornington Peninsula - God help me I've now got to go and get it! I'm at Annerley in Brisbane.

Talk to you soon.

Regards
Gary

Hi Gary,

We've been wondering who put in a bid on it and where it would end up, glad to see it will be put back to use although it looks like you will have a job on your hands :stars:
I have a few bits that might help you out, somebody else was after them but he seems to have disappeared :shrug:

We stayed at Annerley when we first arrived in Australia in 2004, it was two days before xmas and we had left -2 degrees in the uk to arrive to 42 degrees in Australia :aaagh: But that's another story.

We've got a spare wing on our house Robin so B+B is always available, no charge of course :tiphat:

Hi Jerryd

Yes it does look like a project but they so rarely come up I thought I just had to buy it and $4k isn't so much.

Better if it was $2500 or $3000 but I can live with $4000.

As you know it needs a kitchen and wardrobe so they're my first priority - love to know what you have lying around spare!

I remember that summer - 5 days in a row all above 40 degrees - we had Christmas dinner on the bed in our

airconditioned bedroom. It nearly killed us and we're used to it!

Regards

Gary
jerryd

Post by jerryd » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:36 pm

Are you driving down to pick it up ?? That will be an adventure all on it's own :stars:

I have a newish kitchen unit that I imported from the uk, I've had some heavy duty lids made for it as the originals were damaged in freight.They were pretty flimsy too.
I have a replica wardrobe unit made from mdf with aluminium angle round frame, possibly the locker that goes above the kitchen unit and possibly a stove to fit the kitchen unit.

I tried importing a wardrobe unit from the uk but at the time they were out of stock, so I made a copy of one using mdf.
This turned out better than expected so I then made a larger Mk2 version which could house a fridge also. Once painted these look quite authentic and do not rattle like the metal ones :gold:

You'll have to pop over some time and have a chat :wink: