Yorkshire S2C Xmas Laning day

Please post any events or shows here.
RMS

Yorkshire S2C Xmas Laning day

Post by RMS » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi guys,

Not really an LRCC event, though 4 of us did camp the night before the Series 2 Club Christmas Laning day over Grewelthorpe Moor in the Yorkshire Dales.

We found a nice spot where we could set up, and enjoyed a tasty, hot curry and plenty of Christmas fare, including lots of Christmas cheer (that's alcohol if you didn't guess!).
Here's Patrick's, Steve's and my Carawagons - John arrived later in a borrowed 109" V8.

We had a nice fire to sit around as well:

On the laning day itself, we decided to skip breakfast and head over to the first meeting point, Ripley Castle, and cook breakfast there before anyone else arrived.
Unfortunately it didn't quite work out like that as quite a few other folk decided to get there early as well, so joined us under the Carawagon tarp to avoid the showers!
We still managed breakfast, though it was a bit crowded :stars:

Anyway, I was leading one of the groups (max of 5 in a group as per GLASS recommendations!), but our group ended up as 7 by the time we got to the start of the first lane.
Then, half way around, because we took a longer route the other group caught up with us so we ended up as 13 for a while :thud:

We did explain to a Series1 group who pulled over to let us by, that we had started out as two groups, but the other group had caught us up.

We split up again after this picture, and met up again in Masham for 'afternoon tea' :gold:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
lowebox
Info: my camper is a tent untill I get the 109
Location: The wilds of the Lincolnshire wolds,(well just outside Grimsby)

Re: Yorkshire S2C Xmas Laning day

Post by lowebox » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:31 am

And Patric managed to hide his S3 by doing a wiggle :roll: :roll:
All the best Gordon :tiphat: