1984 LAND ROVER COUNTY 110 -CAMPER/OVERLANDER style-"NO RUST

Please post your photos and descriptions of your Carawagon, Dormobile or Camper here.
ebbandflo
Info: Retired engineering design draftsman

1984 LAND ROVER COUNTY 110 -CAMPER/OVERLANDER style-"NO RUST

Post by ebbandflo » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:13 am

:hello: My husband Doug's Land Rover much loved since 1984 when he bought from new, has over the years had many modifications to suit our needs. We have travelled very cosily and comfortably all around the coast of Britain off the ground with all mod cons (apart from a fitted toilet. We always managed much better with a bucket and chuckit!!) But now, unfortunately Doug is 76 and has had two hips replaced with one revision because he fell and fractured his thigh bone. So we have to make appropriate arrangements for more comfort......
Doug is a retired a design engineer draughtsman apprenticed in the aircraft industry and he has done all the work on the Land Rover himself, apart from the engine which he had replaced professionally for an Isusu 2.8 turbo and a 1.2 ratio Range Rover transfer box. This was fitted at only 19,000 miles and the genuine mileage to date is ONLY 58,424 MILES,
Our Land Rover has NO RUST ANYWHERE as Doug undersealed it from new with customised rubber mud guards round the wheel arches and it has always been garaged. He also fitted a stainless steel exhaust system. Bespoke side, front, rear and corner bumper/guards/steps. The chassis is all original also with NO RUST WHATSOEVER.
The Overlander type modifications include:- a raised roof over the rear top surface; hook up to gas and electric; many lighting alternatives; rear door awning 2 M x 2 M approx. blue canvas; (photo to come later); storage cupboards EVERYWHERE; makes up into a double bed or two singles; blue canvan blinds to all windows with fly proof air vents on either side of rear windows; one roof air vent in rear also with fly blind; sun roof over front seats; TV plus arial and DVD freeview; The front bumper is stainless steel and also serves as a 5 gall plus water storage container; Retractable stainless steel poles for rear awning; Pee tube for discreet emergencies in rear floor; tow-hitch and electrical trailer connection; storage locker for awning over front roof light with outside access.
So now with a replacement knee in the offing we have to, with a very heavy heart, bow out as disgracefully as possible and make more space for a more sedate caravan.
:rant: BooHoo
I have no idea how much our Land Rover conversion is worth (to be honest) and would appreciate some feed back........ :shrug:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
TV freeview DVD
TV freeview DVD
cupboards everywhere with central extra headroom
cupboards everywhere with central extra headroom
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
mileage to date
mileage to date
image.jpg
stainless steel retractable poles for awning
stainless steel retractable poles for awning
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
jerryd
Info: "the pom down under"

Re: 1984 LAND ROVER COUNTY 110 -CAMPER/OVERLANDER style-"NO

Post by jerryd » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:15 pm

Welcome to the forum :wine: I think your Land Rover is wonderful and it has an Isuzu motor fitted too :gold: Can't help with a valuation but I'm sure you'll have no problem in finding a new owner.
In fact I've passed on the info to a friend who's just landed in the UK.
DrivingDutchman

Post by DrivingDutchman » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:34 pm

I have only one word for it... WOW! That is one smart looking overland camper.... :gold:

It looks realy good. This should make somebody a real comfy home from home.

But why not use this one to tow the caravan you are going to use? By the looks of it you have plenty of space on your drive. Then if you get to a campsite, and you want to go out for the day, at least you have all the mod cans with you. That is how we do it when we take the caravan out for holliday. My 110 has also a fridge, water, cooker etc on board. All the little things that make a day out more enjoyable.

If I had a landy like that, I would be crushed if I had to sell it. So much labour and love has been poored in to it. It just oozes love and joy when you look at it.

It is very difficult to put a price on such a vehicle. If it was done by a professional company, it would be a lot easier, these vehicle go usualy for around £10.000, just because of all the equipment they have and the fact they are built in by a company.

But the fact that you have a rustfree and in very very very good condition 1984 landrover as a base vehicle, it should fetch a decent amount. And I can clearly see all the work done is to a very high standard. I bet some of it is better quality then some of these companies deliver. It is also a case what someone is willing to pay for such a vehicle.

I hope you find a way to keep it, but if you do sell, I hope you get a good price for it and it goes to a good home where it gets used and loved.

Michiel
1969 109 sw dormobile Dora
1996 overland defender sw 110 Nellie
1962 109 sw safari diesel Hannie (sold)
1973 88 series 3 soft top in various bits on the drive...
ebbandflo
Info: Retired engineering design draftsman

Post by ebbandflo » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:50 pm

Dear Michael,
Doug says thank you very much for your comments. Glad you appreciate it as much as Doug loved working on it. He also has inherited a nearly new LR 90 which had only done 10,000 with a 2.4 Tdi engine which he has put sun roof and all windows in the rear and seats for 4 plus the undersealing and mud guards for rust protection etc. So we would not be stuck for towing our caravan. But in his heart of hearts he does love the red 110.
Best wishes,
Val & Doug
Dieselhen

Post by Dieselhen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:27 pm

WOW - that really is a beast and a half. What an amazing Landy! Good Luck finding a new home for her :tiphat:
DanC

Post by DanC » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:23 am

Fabulous vehicle. Worth more than I can currently afford I suspect, especially as I have been considering adding a 'newer' Land Rover to the fleet for a couple of big trips. Credit to the workmanship, beautifully finished.
'The Wagon' 1962 Martin Walters Dormobile, 2.25 Petrol
'Bessy' 1965 2.25 88" diesel
'Daisy' 1958 2.25 88" diesel
Calum

Post by Calum » Fri May 01, 2015 12:28 am

Get rid of those bumpers and fit some standard rims (or Wolfs!) and you've got a REALLY nicely appointed vehicle there. Mainly due to personal taste, the mods, but It's a fantastic base for a great camper. Hope it goes to a good home! :cheers: