Just come back

Please post your photos and descriptions of your Carawagon, Dormobile or Camper here.
DrivingDutchman

Re: Just come back

Post by DrivingDutchman » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:29 pm

Just noticed that you made the wheel box lower where the wardrobe is going to be, just like Mick has. How does that look from outside, looking into the wheel arch?

You should be able to do the same on the other side behind the kitchen unit to create more useful storage space?

Michiel
1969 109 sw dormobile Dora
1996 overland defender sw 110 Nellie
1962 109 sw safari diesel Hannie (sold)
1973 88 series 3 soft top in various bits on the drive...
Ian
Info: 1962 Dormobile "Zuma"

Post by Ian » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:07 am

Very tasty! I envy you the 200tdi conversion. They are a little scarce around here. :cactus:
But I have plans to uprate my 7:1 head with an ebay-sourced rebuilt 8:1 head which would give me a whopping extra 7hp or thereabouts. We take what we can get. :bow:

Ian
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Post by Jabbawocky » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:05 pm

How does that look from outside, looking into the wheel arch?
Looking into the wheel arch (after a few months driving) it looks like a box that has always been there. Being a camper conversion, you kind of expect differences from an original vehicle. Without bending down, you can hardly see it. No one has ever said, what is that and hundreds, if not thousands of folks have looked at our trucks at shows.

Come and look for yourself. Dormobile (and Land Rover) folk always welcome at our house

Cheers Mick