My 6 pot Carawagon.. again!

Please post your photos and descriptions of your Carawagon, Dormobile or Camper here.
RMS

Re: My 6 pot Carawagon.. again!

Post by RMS » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:15 pm

Most of the time we use the pull-out poles with a tarp - look at the pictures in tne events/trips sections on here and you'll see what I mean.

Obviously if you're using the area for sleeping/toilet etc. you may need a 'proper' type of awning, but a tarp thrown over the top and down one side provides really good shelter from rain and wind. Get the firepit lit and it's really cosy :cheers:

When there are two or more, we usually go back-to-back like this:
(Frosty morning at Littondale)

I do have an original full awning, and an original side awning with one of my projects, but not used them yet as they require 'caravan awning' style runners to fasten to the vehicle. Only one of mine has them fitted and that's still in the project stage :stars:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
Calum

Post by Calum » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:38 pm

Bit more fettling today. Lots of roof bolts fitted (was just thrown on with 4 bolts last night!) and tinkering carried out. Fitted the new stainless catches to the roof, or at least the 4 outer ones. I have yet to fit the infill pieces of wood to the central 'rib' so I can't fit the middle catches just yet.

As you can see my 109" Brownchurch rack has been cut and was offered up prior to me welding it up to create an over-cab roof rack (the rest of which is to be used on my 88" as a full 8' rack). I will get some 3/4" box ordered through work this week and set about welding it up.

It is back in storage now until weekend so I will get cracking with the roof rack and probably some other interior bits I have in the workshop.

Calum

Post by Calum » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:16 pm

Got a christmas card from the previous owner which contained two more photos which I have just took some pics of. She said they were taken on their last trip to Wales (probably mid-late 80s looking at the vehicle and the other Talbot camper in the background). I think the grey-coloured sheet seems to be a separate sheet which makes the whole lot look a bit untidy... The rear awning looks bloody massive! And typical of the era!