Another [Small] One

Please post your photos and descriptions of your Carawagon, Dormobile or Camper here.
Stuey

Another [Small] One

Post by Stuey » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:31 pm

Today, with the help of Mr Gadget I finally collected my latest acquisition, a 1968 Mini-Carawagon. The previous custodian being Loz2286 so you may have seen it around.

I saw the advert after Loz had advertised it over on the Series 2 forum, however we were in France for another 10 days. We ended up talking on the phone and after a little coaxing I ended up agreeing to buy it. That was at the beginning of August, but with holidays (ours and Lozza's) weekends were pretty fully booked and this was one of the first weekends we had to get it sorted, so myself and Gadget took a drive down this morning to collect it.

It doesn't look like much at the moment but I bought it for what it was, that being a 88" Searle Sleeper conversion. This being the 'Mini-Carawagon' model, Priscilla (my other) being a 'Searle Safari'. All the Carawagony bits seem to be there, but the roof is missing it's trim. It is yet un-named but she will get named as and when a suitable one is thought up! Current plan is to get the roof and doors on it so I can store some of the bits and pieces in it and get the steering box & wheel on it (so it can get it shifted around)

Some pics:

Loz's garage awaits us:

Some, but not all of the bits and pieces:

Loaded up ready to go:

At it's new home, stablemate in the background :)

Some pictures from before [From Loz2286's threads]:

Together:

Backend:

Bed set up for sleeping:

The Cabinet:

Cooker, sink and table:

Not everything has to be big!

www.88inchcarawagons.co.uk
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Re: Another [Small] One

Post by Jabbawocky » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:07 am

Hi Stuey

Looking forward to seeing this finished as it was me that flagged it up to Loz. Will it be done for Skipton next weekend or the overland Adventure show the following weekend?

Cheers Mick
RMS

Post by RMS » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:13 am

Great stuff Stu - glad to see you got it home safely :cheers:

Just out of interest, and continuing what we were talking about last weekend, is that bed full length, or does it use the front seat squabs as well?

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
Stuey

Post by Stuey » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:16 am

Robin, it uses the front squabs, how, I don't know as yet. But it does have it's own peculiarities. It's going to get parked up until it gets it's chance in the garage. What is important, I feel, is that I have it :nana1:

Stuey

Post by Stuey » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:18 am

Some new paraphernalia too, so when I get chance I'll give it a scan and chuck it up :cheers:

RMS

Post by RMS » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:16 am

Well hopefully you will be able to work out how the front seats fit in the bed layout.

As you know, RobW and I both have Carawagon projects which use the same bed layout as your shorty, with extra cupboards at the back compared to the 'standard' LWB Carawagon, and neither of us have everything we need (I think) to set up the full bed!

We're just hoping, as yours seems to be more original than ours, you can work it out :cheers:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
Stuey

Post by Stuey » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 am

I think everything is there and all the seats look original so that is an even better bonus :gold: so at least I'll be able to understand how my own goes!
Jabbawocky wrote:Hi Stuey

Looking forward to seeing this finished as it was me that flagged it up to Loz. Will it be done for Skipton next weekend or the overland Adventure show the following weekend?

Cheers Mick
It might be ready for the Skipton show next year, which one I have yet to decide!

Loz2286
Info: 1967 swb Carawagon

Post by Loz2286 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:36 pm

Good luck with it Stu.

Unfortunately work-life balance being overdrawn, I was never going to finish it. Sadly I will be a one Landy man for the foreseeable. That one being my old green 88 which I've owned since 1991.

I look forward to seeing the Mini-Carawagon at a show sometime. I'll be knocking on the window for a cuppa.

:tiphat: