Getting round to posting them up

Please post your photos and descriptions of your Carawagon, Dormobile or Camper here.
Troika

Getting round to posting them up

Post by Troika » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Finally,getting round to sorting out the pictures, this is my 66, three owners and all within 30 miles of me, the original owners son still has some pictures of their family vacations which he has promised to give me copies of.
Attachments
Bit too shiney
Bit too shiney
Troika

Re: Getting round to posting them up

Post by Troika » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Moved it to a new shed last time I was home and ..........doh!!!!......caught the corner of the roof vent on the lintel of the steading.......something else to fix before the summer.
Attachments
measure twice, reverse once!!!
measure twice, reverse once!!!
Troika

Post by Troika » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:15 pm

It's always a good feeling when it comes to the final rebuild, all the crudy bits nicely bead-blasted, replaced, painted and knowing nothing to be done, at least for a few years.
Attachments
Canter 007.JPG
Troika

Post by Troika » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:29 pm

And no sooner does the skin grow back across the knuckles and I had to get another one, so it's not true that a bad experience scars you for life.
This one (number 3) was recovered from Jersey, where it had been placed by a previous owner with a restoration company and nothing done for years. It has a bit of history in so far as it had been exported early in it's life, reimported and re-registered, then rexported before ending up in Jersey on Jersey plates, long story cut short, managed to recover the original 3+3 number through DVLA, which was a bit of a result as all the naysayers told me it could not be done without a valid MOT. New chassis and a 200tdi ready for another 40 years. Will have to dig out the final pictures, glorious in it's original Marine Blue with Red and White striped canopy.
Attachments
002.JPG
DanC

Post by DanC » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:14 pm

That is a lovely paint Job Graeme, any interior shots? You put Robin to shame with your collection and all proper campers as well :gold:
'The Wagon' 1962 Martin Walters Dormobile, 2.25 Petrol
'Bessy' 1965 2.25 88" diesel
'Daisy' 1958 2.25 88" diesel
Troika

Post by Troika » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:34 am

Dan, I do have before and afters somewhere, just not 100% on where the somewhere is, but working on it.