New Project

Please post your photos and descriptions of your Carawagon, Dormobile or Camper here.
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Re: New Project

Post by Jabbawocky » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi Gordon

I wouldn't do too much worrying about the body being swapped, Blanchard's (and all the other ex mil suppliers) have done dozens of these swaps and are still doing it now. As for the bulkhead being swapped, that could have been done in service or done when the body was removed. The simple fact is, they were more valuable without the Marshalls body.

As you have a combat chassis under there, you have the idea chassis for a serious overlander. The only upgrade I can think of would be 6 pot brakes and you have the perfect truck.

So, all you need to do is fit the button that folds out the awning, lifts the roof, makes the bed and opens that chilled bottle of beer. :cheers:

Mick
lowebox
Info: my camper is a tent untill I get the 109
Location: The wilds of the Lincolnshire wolds,(well just outside Grimsby)

Post by lowebox » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Hi Mick thanks for positive reply, I have now started striping off the body and bulkhead so I can start cleaning the chassis ready for welding in the new crossmember and waxoiling. More photos soon.
All the best Gordon
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:15 pm

G'day matey, like has been mentioned above i would not worry just do what you want to do like i do build what you like how you like it as your the one that will be sleeping in it.

My 24 volter had a new combat chassis put under it after an accident i have fitted different tanks that are now side fill due to the smell of fuel after a fill up the door tops are from a burnt out 110 and the bulkhead was all i had[series3] that did not need welding because unfortunately i have to rely on others for that due to my eye's etc.

My braking system is off a later model series because that's what i had new so i fitted it and i also have a 12 volt alternator driven off the crank for the camping side of things the sides have small windows like the carawagons sort of but not the same and slide open.

I did however question the chassis but when i went to Lichfield to view my 2a ambulance the new combat chassis's were stacked really high ready for use when needed it also turns out after after a visit from the owner of the company that makes series 2 chassis and advertises in the club mag that my series 2 ambulance has been fitter with a combat series 3 chassis again after an accident and i know this because i have the full service history so you can't always go by what you see at first glance :shrug:.

I tax my motor on my dissability form so thats the reason i am not bothered what it is made up of regards models tax except or not in a way i am lucky to run what i like but of course it does have it's down falls :shakehead: .

Just the views of a silly old fool with an obsession. Catch you later. R-Rose :wine: :thud: .