My new newest Carawagon :)

Please post your photos and descriptions of your Carawagon, Dormobile or Camper here.
RobW

Re: My new newest Carawagon :)

Post by RobW » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:38 pm

Hadn't thought about a layer of that stuff behind the interior. Might look at a fabric/carpet cover for the inside to insulate, reduce noise & more comfortable to sleep against.
jerryd
Info: "the pom down under"

Post by jerryd » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:45 pm

Not getting into the "Dormobile" versus "Carawagon" debate, as we all know Series III Dormobiles are the best :gold:

But I thought this link might be of interest to some of you if you haven't seen it before :wink:

http://www.expeditionlandrover.info/PDF ... arawag.pdf
RMS

Post by RMS » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Thanks for that Jerry - I do remember seeing that ages ago but had forgotten where :embarassed:

What is apparent though, is that they compare just one variation of Carawagon (as we know, there are many variations!) with the Dormobile (of which there is only one variation, I think :shrug: ) and they would have been better comparing like for like, or at least acknowledging the fact that there are other layouts.

Patrick's Station Wagon Carawagon is more like the Dormobile, with 5 forward facing and 1 side seat, stainless steel sink etc.

I think as well, though I could be wrong, that the bunks in a Carawagon are adult length - I don't think they are in the Dormobile :shrug:

A very good read anyway, and I'd have no qualms about adding a Dormobile to our stable - it's just that all the ones which have come up at the right time have been Carawagons :tiphat:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
DanC

Re: My new newest Carawagon :) (1972)

Post by DanC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:00 pm

It's just a bit of fun...! Good article, although it did make the Carawagon sound a bit heath Robinson (though better in a storm..lol). There are variations of Dormobile as well Robin, but only around a theme, not the radical variations of a Carawagon! The Dormobile bunk is approximately 6ft, although there is room either end so I (at 6ft) could sleep in one if I so desired (pillow up the top off the bunk), what size are the Carawagon ones? We should do our own comparison, I could publish it in B2L, now that would be a good article!!

Dan
'The Wagon' 1962 Martin Walters Dormobile, 2.25 Petrol
'Bessy' 1965 2.25 88" diesel
'Daisy' 1958 2.25 88" diesel