North Wales Aug 2012

Please post your photos and descriptions of your Carawagon, Dormobile or Camper here.
TobySavage
Info: Adventurous Carawagon owner.

North Wales Aug 2012

Post by TobySavage » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:06 am

Bank Holiday weekend in North Wales. Actually enjoyed hot sunshine on Sunday.
Attachments
Oz tent gives much needed extra space.  Thanks to John Carroll for the 'tent' tip.
Oz tent gives much needed extra space. Thanks to John Carroll for the 'tent' tip.
The rebuilt roof seemed to not leak.... much.
The rebuilt roof seemed to not leak.... much.
The rig.  Honda C90 perfect for pottering.
The rig. Honda C90 perfect for pottering.
RMS

Re: North Wales Aug 2012

Post by RMS » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:41 am

Hi Toby,

Thanks for posting and for the pics of your rig - looks good :cheers:

Looks like you had a good Sunday as well - did you get the same thunderstorms as we did on Saturday over at Eastnor? That would have been a good test of your roof seals :stars:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
TobySavage

Post by TobySavage » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:03 pm

We arrived on Thursday in overcast weather. Friday morning was okay, then it lashed it down in the afternoon. saturday was sunny/overcast, then Sunday was gorgeous! The roof was fine actually. It leaks in over the tops of the driver and passenger doors. They could be the next project. Rather fancy some Series doors with proper sliding windows and at least 2 inches more knee room. Eastnor is a delightful place to stay, but don't fancy thunder storms!
jerryd
Info: "the pom down under"

Post by jerryd » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Looks like a good set up :wink: I've just purchased an oz tent myself, also got the side panels and a fly sheet. I got it secondhand and it's only been used twice by an elderly couple. Saved myself $750.00 :woohoo:

How was yours in the rain ??
TobySavage

Post by TobySavage » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:42 pm

It was great Jerry. We bought the tent complete with awning joining extra on eBay (a rare find) and the side panels and 'floor saver' (extra groundsheet for under the tent and a floor within the side panels) new. Not a single drop of rain came in and we were impressed with the quality. We had a bit of wind as well, but thanks to the heavy fabric all was quiet within. I really enjoy sleeping in the Carawagon, but with two of us it putting the bed up and down means one of us has to stand outside. This combo has made life much easier and we'll hang on to it.