My mind boggles to say the least

Please post your photos and descriptions of your Carawagon, Dormobile or Camper here.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

My mind boggles to say the least

Post by romanyrose » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:28 pm

G'day chaps, I must say I constantly read up on what and how people have up rated there trucks and to be honest I am staggered at the amount of work that goes into fitting home comforts into a landrover.
In years gone by I have always been a traveller, hence the name and my rosy cheeks with long hair. In those days it was on my Chop or Matchless 650csr with double adult side car along with an awning strapped to the side. This kept my family dry along with blankets and a small stove.
I look back and some times think my way of life was not always a holiday for my ex-wife and boys, but at least we got away in-between me working and playing with my hobby/obsession of Motor cycles along with Rallies thrown in.
Due to my issue's life changed but the fact my trucks have replaced my bikes made it easier to fit some home comforts, of course funds are tight as always so again since I first got an 88 the home comfort side was always an on going job of making something from nothing.
While traveling on my own the situation was easy but with a wife and young baby situation had to change but still using a Busmar double adult sidecar as the base for my home on wheels. I had the best of both worlds and enjoyed every mile although I must admit it must or should I say was not easy with dirty nappies and the like being a problem in those days anyway{TERRALINE} if that's the proper word not disposable ones of today.
This is where my love affair began with old landrovers which to be honest were much the same as my British bikes with double adult sidecar, that of course are individual to me and my ways in life which included my ex wife. Unfortunately life took a detour and my health suffered big time, the deformity in my lower back caused big issue's and my lower spine is a big issue these day's but hey! a lot of my buddies I grew up with are no longer with us so I class myself as lucky :wink: .
I guess I will never change and to this day what changes I make are either swopped with friends on the same wave length or just made out of what I have laying around, I guess with me using that phrase you can realize I throw very little away :whistle: . Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
romanyrose

Re: My mind boggles to say the least

Post by romanyrose » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:50 pm

Robin, I made a mistake in this post by referring to my wife not ex wife :aaagh: , could you please delete the one that refers to my wife please, bot posts are the same apart from the above mention part. Brad maybe wearing his tea :whistle:
Peaceand

Post by Peaceand » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:52 pm

Sorted :cheers:
  • Holly - 1972 Searle Carawagon Continental Ultimate (200 TDi)
  • Basil - 1969 Searle SWB (Prima TD)
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Thanks Patrick, good things come in small parcels but so does dynamite :whistle: