Still Need Help

Please post your photos and descriptions of your Carawagon, Dormobile or Camper here.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Still Need Help

Post by romanyrose » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:04 pm

G'day chap's, yes I know I have asked before but having fitted Zuess timing gears to my 2-1/4 diesel a very long time ago now, although I have had her running it is very Smokey.

What fitting instructions I had were that old they more or less fell apart in my hands, while trying to read and understand what they said know matter how careful I was it was obvious I only had one chance. Well while reading the instruction's the paper just fell apart, yes I realize now I should have got them photo-copied but I didn't thinking it would not be a problem.

How wrong was I , but in my defence this type of thing is not my cup of tea so to speak. Give me an engine and I can do wonders with it but anything like the above I should have known better, obviously it is to late now so I am now on my knee's saying a few word's that some kind soul can help me out.

Funds for giving me a hand might be an issue because I can't work due to serious health issue's, but this has been going on for far to long and I have an abundance of land rover related parts that can be used as payment along with some liquid refreshment of your choice.

Even if someone could forward some fitting instructions for the Zuess gears it would be more than appreciated, like I said earlier if I handle mine anymore they will just turn to dust.

Catch you later. R-Rose :shrug: :bow: .
gossamer

Re: Still Need Help

Post by gossamer » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:15 pm

Hi Brad

I've had a quick squint online for instructions but to no avail.

It might be worth giving Zeus a bell and asking them directly.

Can you give me details of the set you have, please?
To infirmary and beyond!
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:38 pm

G'day Bro, I have the old box with the new gears in safe, I guess my job for today is find that safe place. I appreciate the offer of your computer knowledge and will dig the box out hoping any relevant details is still visible/legible.

Catch you later. Brad :tiphat: .
RMS

Post by RMS » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:22 pm

Hi Brad,

I thought AlexB was sorting this out for you?

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:26 pm

G'day Robin, sorry if I have forgotten or even just miss understood but I just don't remember, if I have asked in the past sorry Alex but I have heard nothing but then I don't remember asking Alex :embarassed: .

I am afraid this is typical of me these day's, unfortunately my battle just to live a normal life and tinker like I used to seems to becoming more of a task, I guess it's lucky for me I don't give in easy although I do get a tad frustrated that doesn't help.

Catch you later. A wishful thinking Romanyrose that was :whistle: .
AlexB

Post by AlexB » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:29 pm

I emailed zeus and got nothing back. Needs a phone call I guess
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:04 pm

G'day Alex, thanks for that it is appreciated, if you do happen to phone them on my behalf that would really be appreciated. The chance you making them understand would be a lot better than me trying to find the proper words.

The phone call I will pay you for just in case you are on to them for a while, as you might gather with the gears being helical this makes setting the valve timing a tad more confusing to my excuse for a brain anyway, however once set the timing is done for the life of the motor.

I just happen to have two set's of these gears so to me it's worth the hassle and to be honest embarrassment having to ask for help, however in my mind it is worth the hassle with the 2-1/4 Diesel not having much get up and go as it is.

Catch you later. Brad who can't thank you enough :tiphat: .