My 24 volt/12volt camper

Please post your photos and descriptions of your Carawagon, Dormobile or Camper here.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

My 24 volt/12volt camper

Post by romanyrose » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:27 pm

G'day chap's, i will start the ball rolling with my 24volt 109 that i am turning into a camper but with a now safari roof rather than a lift up roof that i was not really happy with.
I have made a three quarter bed that fold's down to make the seating area the length of the back body but on one side, the other side is the kitchen cooker come sink from an old scrap caravan that leaves just enough room to fit a small work top to dish the food out on.
I have fitted a cigarette lighter socket to the rear of the table just incase i need a small power take off for when i erect the awning at the rear of the truck, this awning of course is one of Robin's bit's of kit that he makes which to be honest make for a really comfy eating come entertaining area, i must add though my side opening rear tailgate that is held open by an old gas ram from a car rear door has a hot water heater for washing purposes that is 12 or 240 volt.
Confused yes i can confuse anyone but the 12volt system in the rear of the truck has it's own power source which is an alternator off a scrap car that is energized by the 24volt system but through a 24 volt to 12volt dropper which keep's the two batteries in the rear body topped up for the camping side of thing's.
I have tested the rear 12volt power take off by running a small TV while i was laid in bed and to be honest the truck is comfy while in bed while using an old pair of caravan mattresses.
I must admit it is quite cosey and can get very warm so i just sit up in bed and open the top tailgate which just happen's to have two small gas ram's again borrowed from an old truck at NO exspence :whistle: .

I just thought i would start it off by talking about one of my truck's i play with from time to time at little or no cost :wink: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat:
Viamphie
Info: Mad as a bag of frogs

Re: My 24 volt/12volt camper

Post by Viamphie » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:28 pm

Are you going to post a few pictures?
I'm not really as bad as I make out. Despite what people say.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Re: My 24 volt/12volt camper

Post by romanyrose » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:19 pm

G'day matey, unfortunately that is beyond me but from what i remember there are some pictures some where :shrug: , have you not been to my place or is my mind playing trick's on me again :stars: .

If it's a case of you having not been to my little home in a cul-de-sac i will get my lass to put up a few pictures of the inside of my landrover single story home on wheel's.

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .