Marshall camper build

Please post your photos and descriptions of your Carawagon, Dormobile or Camper here.
Jeremy

Marshall camper build

Post by Jeremy » Sun May 22, 2016 8:07 pm

A couple of quick photos of this years little project.

She's a 2a Marshall, one of the last to come out of Blanchards I believe. Bit of a wreck but the money was right.

Originally I wanted her to remove the back body and convert to a soft top. A better one came up so that never happened. Annoyingly it's also why she's been stood with the rear doors lose in her. Doh!

So plan is fairly straight forward. Replace running gear, overhaul chassis (seems solid). Attack body with a view to making it "comfortable" for myself, wife, dog and baby for shortish breaks.

gossamer

Re: Marshall camper build

Post by gossamer » Sun May 22, 2016 8:27 pm

Beautiful.

Fist job.

Replace the roof vents.

Please, if you take anything out, can I have first refusal?

I was going to chop mine but I think now I'm going to keep it as standard as possible with demountable campery pods inside.
To infirmary and beyond!
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy » Sun May 22, 2016 8:33 pm

My roof vents are so bad I figured a few more months won't make much difference :cry:

She's actually my second I have a perfect one I've owned since '93 that's staying as an ambulance I will probably keep the take off bits for, but anything I don't you're welcome to!
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Sun May 22, 2016 8:42 pm

I thought that when I got mine but the water keeps coming in and will wreck any attempt to do or store anything inside.

The Dutch vents at Branchards are good but fiddlt to fit.

There is plenty of ventillation anyway, how about just patching the holes or firrting sky lights?

If you aren't going to use the stretcher rails, they could come off and give you more light insdie.
To infirmary and beyond!
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Sun May 22, 2016 8:44 pm

Sorry I just read the bottom of your thread.

I'd like to see a perfect one.

You have some splendid bits lying around in shot

I look forward to seeing your progress.
To infirmary and beyond!