"Hei" from Norway

Welcome & new forum members - Please introduce yourself & your motor here.
pomfritz

Re: "Hei" from Norway

Post by pomfritz » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:41 pm

Hi,
what a wonderful car. How did you find this car?
Stefan
telindnor

Post by telindnor » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:34 pm

I found it in Norways most popular ad site. Finn.no
I have now spoken to the second owner, and the car has a really interesting story. Its being built from new as a camper by British Leyland in 1959. I do have the original patent sign in the cab. I am trying to fint out even more of its interesting story.
The car itself is mostly untouched by me so far. Been busy lately. But I have tried to give it a start. New oil and fluids...but so far only the starter is turning. No gasoline is coming to the carb... I have also given it a good round with lanolin rust proof on the chassis. The plates was turned in to the authority in 1979...36 years in a barn/garages..
Still not shure how to fix it. It requires quite a lot and I want it on the road NOW
DrivingDutchman

Post by DrivingDutchman » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi and welcome.
Now that is something I have never seen before. That is a beautiful conversion. Quite elegant and floods the interior with light with those big top windows.

Michiel
1969 109 sw dormobile Dora
1996 overland defender sw 110 Nellie
1962 109 sw safari diesel Hannie (sold)
1973 88 series 3 soft top in various bits on the drive...
woollen797

Post by woollen797 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:24 pm

reminds me of being inside of a classic yacht
telindnor

Post by telindnor » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:07 pm

Things is not moving too fast but its moving at least. Got the number plates, the same as the car had with the first owner. Very happy about that. And, today I got the engine running, and it is a quite nice litle engine. Runs smooth infact. But the rear silencer is about to go back to the nature and cause of that...rooaaar. What I now am struggeling with is the fuel pump. I have had it in pieces..but there is still no gasoline coming from it...darn.
I have put on some series3 rims which I had in the garage...looks better than the rusty originals.
Need to build new brakes soon. I had a new brake master sylinder in my garage and now its only ALL the rest left.
And I am quite good at rustproofing. Lanolin all over. Makes me sleep well.
Soon...very soon we are travelling worldwide...ehhh I guess :tiphat:
pomfritz

Post by pomfritz » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Every time I look at the pics of your new Landy I wish to see more. So if you ever think of selling this car let me know :mrgreen:

Stefan
grumpycolin

Post by grumpycolin » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:06 pm

Wow, what stunning carpentry.
I know it;s a long shot but having been to the Lofoten Islands, would you have happened to meet a friend we made in Morocco in 2007 by the name of Arnie (Johnny Baloo) Gunneriussen. He is also a big Land Rover fan. I know it's like an American asking a Brit if they know the Queen.
As it happens my sister has dined with the Queen :wine:
telindnor

Post by telindnor » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:25 pm

Im afraid we dont know or have met Arnie on our trips.
The camper is now driven to its winter garage. When the temperature is rising again, the project will move on. Not until then I am afraid. Dont have a garage that is high enough to get in and out.. :shakehead:
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:31 pm

Your vehicle is splendid.

:hello:
To infirmary and beyond!
telindnor

Post by telindnor » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:20 pm

Well, if everyone worked as slow as I am with this project it wouldnt have been much fun on the forum. So, here we are today.
New exchaust all the way, but I think the rear silencer is not the right one cause it makes a "metallic" noise. It might fit a diesel. It seems a litle bit larger than on my 86" 2litre petrol.
The electric has been cut to pieces at the rear cause of some welding and I need the fit new cables from front to rear. The whole electrics should have been replaced. Its rubber is rotten.
It want charge, and I think the problem is on the relay at the bulkhead. It has no electricity to make the relay moving. So I have a red lamp in the dash so for.
I have fitted the other sides of the camper top. It was a litle struggel to make the 19 holes to fit.
The inside of the lower bed has been replaced and both upper and lower bed has been restored. Looks good now. The old fridge has been taken out, dont want to us it. Going to fit an electric one. Got to make some new panels for that. But...I will keep the old ones cause it might be that this car should become looking like original someday.
There is some more here and there.
But the car is a runner, engine is just beatiful. Everything seems to be fine with it.
All oils are of course replaced everywhere.
Carburettor fixed. Fuel pump fixed +++