Goodwood (via northern France)

Please post your trips here, past, present & future.
Note that shows etc. should be posted in the 'Events & Shows' section.
Calum

Goodwood (via northern France)

Post by Calum » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:02 pm

As usual Alex and I went down to the Goodwood Revival this year, but decided to take the week off work beforehand this year and make the most of being so far south. We spent a few days in northern France and Belgium before returning on the Thursday for the Revival. Clocked up another 1500-200 miles (need to add it up properly), so the Carawagon has probably covered some 3-3.5k trouble free miles in a month which I am very pleased with given the fact it is still all bedding in and settling down. On the way down we averaged a very impressive 21.5mpg!

Only a relatively short European trip in terms of mileage and number of days, but we are planning on doing something rather greater next year. Here's hoping!

This was possibly the best antiques shop/warehouse I have ever been in, but neither of us actually came out with anything! :thud:

Met a very friendly Dutch camper owner at Dunkirk ferry port - a 1969 example of a very rare conversion.

Goodwood was sunny and busy as usual!

This was the best Land Rover camper I have EVER seen. Lovely. An original and very rare Jennings conversion, now running a 200Tdi (and I am not surprised with it weighing near 3 tons...)

It gained a lot of attention in the car park including an american chap who also owns a Carawagon and has never seen another in the metal (I will email him now actually!) and a chap who lives down the road from Sunbury and (mis)spent a lot of his childhood in the RJ Searle workshops! He was there in a lovely 107" station wagon.

Can't wait until next year!
:cheers:
RMS

Re: Goodwood (via northern France)

Post by RMS » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:22 pm

Fantastic - another great trip under your belt, Calum & Alex :cheers:
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)