Leafers at Lyons La Foret

Please post your trips here, past, present & future.
Note that shows etc. should be posted in the 'Events & Shows' section.
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Leafers at Lyons La Foret

Post by Jabbawocky » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:21 pm

Hi all

Louise, William and I are going to Lyons la Foret again 26th - 30th May 2018 and invite you to join us. I have listed this on the Leafers Overland page on Facebook and have quite a bit of interest this year. Here is what I wrote on there.

French Fix, Booze Run and introduction to Euro-leafing
We have been gathering at Lyons la Foret on and off since 2010. This started as a Dormobile gathering, with any LR camper very welcome. Lyons la Foret is a beautiful small town in the beautiful Normandy countryside. It has a little bit of history, being where William the Conqueror came on holiday and Henry 1 died here. The campsite has heated facilities and is right on the edge of town. Fees next year will be about £15 per night for camping. The premise of the trip is, we are going and you are welcome to join us. You can travel with us or travel independently. If you are self contained, you can camp on the Aires de Service with us or if not, use travelodges and meet us at the rendezvous point near Calais. Travailing to Lyons la Foret, we will lunch at a supermarket and load up with French goodies. The canpsite has individual plots, on site tents to rent and chalets. We will be going into town to eat (pizza to Michelin star). We can go into Rouen on the service bus and have at least one communal BBQ. Here is a link to the first gathering. http://www.dormobile.org.uk/index.php/f ... ring-2010/ Attendees are welcome to come and go as they please.

If you need further info, please get in touch.
loic

Re: Leafers at Lyons La Foret

Post by loic » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi,

Good idea, but could it be one of the extended weekend of may? It would be easier for me to get there.

Regards.

Loïc
1957 S1 88"
1971 S2A Dormobile 6cyl
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:46 pm

That sounds great but I dont think I could get my act together for this year.
To infirmary and beyond!
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Post by Jabbawocky » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi Loic

I would be great to have it on one of your long weekends, but because we still have a 10 year old, we have to arrange this when William is on school holiday. This weekend is also a public holiday in the UK. Next year I will double check the Holidays in the UK and France before announcing the dates.

Gossamer

All you need is a running vehicle, a makeshift bed and a sleeping bag.

Mick
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:09 pm

Due to tin worm, if I could make it, it would be in the naughty boingy with 9x9 attachments and possibly an awning in the one true green.

There is a slim chance I could have a pull out Robin Bar working by then.

Funds and time are my main challenge.
To infirmary and beyond!