Gathering in Normandy 2016.1st - 4th June.

Please post your trips here, past, present & future.
Note that shows etc. should be posted in the 'Events & Shows' section.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Re: Gathering in Normandy 2016.1st - 4th June.

Post by romanyrose » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:45 pm

G'day Trev, i hope you enjoy yourself mate as the sites from my experience are far better than anything they offer over this side of the water.

In my eye's it will blow your mind Bro. Catch you later. R-Rose and take care :tiphat: .
jkhackney
Info: It's not misspelled, it's American

Post by jkhackney » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:23 pm

OK I've looked at routes and (seems like déja vu) I don't think we can make the trip in a single day, meaning taking the kids out of school for several days and leaving the event already on Saturday. While it's possible, it doesn't seem really sensible. So don't count on me this time, either, sorry!

Jeremy
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Post by Jabbawocky » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:54 pm

Hi Jeremy

Would have been great to catch up, but fully understand. William is on his half term break, which is allowing us to travel mid-week. 750Km is a long way for just a few days. 720Km for us, but we do get to buy our years supply of cheap wine on the way home, which helps cover the cost.

Might be passing your way this summer. Need to get my big hill fix.

Cheers Mick
Dormy
Info: Sleeping on the job.....Zzzzzz

Post by Dormy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:21 pm

Dormy wrote:We are waiting for our son to confirm he can join us on the trip, then will book as necessary.
Sorry, the only days our son can get don't match this trip. As we had promised him a holiday together we will have to fit something else in (2014 was a caravan in Wales - not quite the same !).

Shame as the trip in 2015 was good even considering the difficulties we had (vehicle and personal), we were really hoping to give it a go again. Ah well, maybe next year.

Have a good trip,
Ian
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Post by Jabbawocky » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:25 pm

Hi Ian

We were looking forward to catching up with you and Diane, but as you say, there is always next year. Saying that, I'm sure there are other events here in the UK and we will be going to France again in summer. Or we could just meet up at the Brewery in Norfolk?

Mick
Dormy
Info: Sleeping on the job.....Zzzzzz

Post by Dormy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:52 pm

Things are a little chaotic with building work at home so we have not yet set any plans for attending weekend events - but should get out to some. What other trip have you in mind for the summer ?

Give us a shout next time you are coming past to Stalham - The Woodbastwick Brewery is where the local S2 Club bunch meet every month.

Ian
bigdave
Info: Elizabeth 1967 Carawagon

Post by bigdave » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:53 pm

Well, the ferry is booked and most of the pre-trip prep is complete(not that there was much).
For those of you going by boat rather that train I am booked to sail out at 21.20 on the 31st.
I chose the ferry due to price more than anything. £65 return is a lot better that £140. Plus I get a little rest on the way over.