Shelf Unit - Images & Dimensions

Workshop and Technical tips & tricks.
Marque

Shelf Unit - Images & Dimensions

Post by Marque » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:38 pm

Good afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen

My Dormobile is missing the shelving to the right of the wardrobe. May I ask for some detailed images of the shelving & dimensions if possible.

I would like to get something made up that is as near original as possible.

I have used Google to see plenty of shots into the vehicle, showing the wardrobe side of the selves, but very few actually from inside the vehicle looking outwards towards the (ideally empty) shelves.

Any images / dimensions / indication of fixing points, etc would be appreciated.
Kindest regards
Mark
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Re: Shelf Unit - Images & Dimensions

Post by Jabbawocky » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi Mark

Will try and remember to get the tape out tomorrow. The wardrobe did evolve throughout production. Can you post a picture of your wardrobe? Are there any marks to indicate the shelves have been removed? I put my selves in slightly different place to the original to allow a nato water jerry can to fit on the bottom shelve,

As for paint, they were originally painted with enamel paint which was baked. I have brush painted units with Hammerite and also sprayed units with Hammerite. The spray finish is much more like the original paint finish.

Cheers Mick
Marque

Post by Marque » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:12 am

Thank you Mick for your reply.

Hopefully you can see that I appear to be missing:
[1] The back of the wardrobe. From my research it appears to be a separate panel to the shelving.
[2] The shelving itself.

I would appreciate being advised as to what constitutes a "period piece" so it is all in keeping. The wardrobe looks original (from what I can see). I will roughly key the red hammerite & return it to the silver (by brush) that it should be after any rust has been treated.

Thank you for your help.

Kindest regards
Mark

An example image is here:

The full "wardrobe subset is here (I hope)
http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/mark_ ... t=3&page=1

Mark
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Post by Jabbawocky » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:22 am

Hi Mark

Your wardrobe is the early version, like top one on Teri Anne's site, and only has a shelve for the top bottle. There is a good picture of the shelf half way down the page. Mine is a latter unit like the one in the pictures further down.

As for the back plate, that is just a flat piece of steel plate cut to fit. There were no shelves in the wardrobe, just the hanging rail.

Mick
Marque

Post by Marque » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:18 am

Thank you Mick for the information. I now have a good idea of what it originally looked like courtesy of your reference to Terri Anne's site
Much appreciated
Mark