Jockey wheel bolt's

Workshop and Technical tips & tricks.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Jockey wheel bolt's

Post by romanyrose » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:06 pm

G'day chap's, but not really in my case after an 1-inch bolt snapped on my jockey wheel while i was hand balling it :shakehead: .

While having a large move around of my trinket's to make room for another small shed i first have to move quite a few trinket's so i loaded them over a period of time into my sankey which is the larger type.
Now as most know these don't have jockey wheel's :shrug: well this one didn't but had provision for one so i fixed the larger screw type and all worked well till today when one of the bolt's fractured while i was hand balling it loaded.
Before anyone jump's on my back i was not lifting but just pushing due to the jockey wheel being one of those that has a tubed tyre on it with a screwed shank, i know it was well loaded but with some good inch bolt's washer's and nut's thought it would be ok :shakehead: i thought wrong.

It was while maneuvering it one of the bolt's snapped and down i went like a lead weight :aaagh: and wow did that hurt, yes i know it was my own fault but i thought when i chose the bolt's they were high tensile :embarassed: , it turn's out one of them was but the other looked the same but wasn't hence why it snapped.

After a brew and few heated word's at the trailer i jacked it up fitted a good bolt and jockey wheel and it is ready for another day not that i am though :shrug: but we will see.

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .